The Who on Jimmy Fallon playing with toys...

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
From a few days ago - The Who playing "Won't Get Fooled Again" on Fallon, with "toy" instruments. Not sure whether I want to laugh or cry watching this. At least Townshend smashes his toy guitar at the end.

walrus

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was amused and entertained. A good data point for people who think it's all about the instruments.

There seems to be a whole sub-genre of videos showing professional and/or famous musicians and toy instruments.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I couldn't find it but I was looking for one where a drummer is given a Hello Kitty or Pokemon drum set, complains because it is not a double bass set, gets a second set, starts playing and the kit starts sliding across the floor. Ultimately he falls off the stool.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find it but I was looking for one where a drummer is given a Hello Kitty or Pokemon drum set, complains because it is not a double bass set, gets a second set, starts playing and the kit starts sliding across the floor. Ultimately he falls off the stool.
OK not exactly playing with toys but you reminded me of George Harrison's "When We Was Fab" video which (gasp!) I only saw for the first time yesterday when it came up after another one I'd searched for.
It cracked me up.
:smile:
For your viewing pleasure: