Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have been told:

OOO= short scale
OM= long scale

both have same body shape/size

nice one Dave, congrats!

Yes, that has always been the Martin convention, and has been adopted by most others.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
wow, great score Dave! such a beautiful guitar.

bobouz

Reaction score
The script logo works very well with the slotted headstock,

and overall a beautiful guitar!

beecee

Reaction score
Congrats...anything like mine and you'll be very pleased.

I actually wear only a long sleeve cotton Champion sweater when playing mine....stupid I know.

Now I've been interested in the Martin 00028EC since you mentioned yours in a recent post...saying "there is a difference"

Have you A/B'd the two yet? I'd really be interested in hearing what you think!

Enjoy!!!!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats...anything like mine and you'll be very pleased.

I actually wear only a long sleeve cotton Champion sweater when playing mine....stupid I know.

Now I've been interested in the Martin 00028EC since you mentioned yours in a recent post...saying "there is a difference"

Have you A/B'd the two yet? I'd really be interested in hearing what you think!

Enjoy!!!!

I don't think wearing something to prevent "arm shmoo" on your guitar is stupid at all.

I haven't done a side-by-side of these guitars, but I'll give some first impressions.

The Martin is a 14-fret, so the string tension is different. The Guild feels looser/softer and is easier to play. I haven't changed strings yet, and I haven't checked the string gauge on it as it is now. It may sound different when I change them, once I decide which strings to use. 24.9" scale on the Martin vs. 24.75" on the Guild isn't much but may also be contributing to this. The 000-28EC sounds decidedly "Martin" if you know what I mean. Listen to the Clapton MTV stuff again and you'll get the idea. It's amazing how well they captured that tone in those guitars. The Guild sounds more "scooped" but again... strings.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
“Arm shmoo”? Love it!

I use an old black dress sock with the toes cut off. It’s perfect. One at home and one in my gear bag. Great use for old socks.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I don't think wearing something to prevent "arm shmoo" on your guitar is stupid at all.

I haven't done a side-by-side of these guitars, but I'll give some first impressions.

The Martin is a 14-fret, so the string tension is different. The Guild feels looser/softer and is easier to play. I haven't changed strings yet, and I haven't checked the string gauge on it as it is now. It may sound different when I change them, once I decide which strings to use. 24.9" scale on the Martin vs. 24.75" on the Guild isn't much but may also be contributing to this. The 000-28EC sounds decidedly "Martin" if you know what I mean. Listen to the Clapton MTV stuff again and you'll get the idea. It's amazing how well they captured that tone in those guitars. The Guild sounds more "scooped" but again... strings.
If the Martin has Martin strings on it, it's been mentioned before that for some reason Martin strings feel stiffer, in fact, for similar gauge lights, Martin SP's and 80/20s actually show more total set tension than equivalent D'Addarios, indicating a genuine difference in alloys and/or core cross-seection.
Don't think the fret count at the neck join has as much effect (if any, can't see why it would) on string feel as scale length and alloy composition.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If the Martin has Martin strings on it, it's been mentioned before that for some reason Martin strings feel stiffer, in fact, for similar gauge lights, Martin SP's and 80/20s actually show more total set tension than equivalent D'Addarios, indicating a genuine difference in alloys and/or core cross-seection.
Don't think the fret count at the neck join has as much effect (if any, can't see why it would) on string feel as scale length and alloy composition.

stiffer, but also mellower, if that can be possible, and happy to say, it is.