more photobucket crap

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a kick out of this... It might be spam, but I think not. Got this email telling me the following:

Attention - Your Account is Exceeding Bandwidth Limits!

Oh, Boy! How nice of them to give me a heads up.

I gave up on them completely when they bailed on the free accounts a while back, so this is all just noise as far as I'm concerned. I definitely still have lots of photos there posted to the internet though. I just assumed they were dead even though they brought them back for a while. Anyway, do they *really* think I'm going to start paying now? Maybe they should go talk to imgur. :)

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have not received that kind of e-mail - but even if I would - all original pictures are here - copied to at least three computers . . . plus perhaps some USB-memory sticks.

Could I care less ? - - - - - No Way Jose !!!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I got a kick out of this... It might be spam, but I think not. Got this email telling me the following:

Attention - Your Account is Exceeding Band width Limits!
So like, what, they don't wanna host pics of Bob Hite or John Popper, or John Belushi, especially if they're with their bands?.
Canned_Heat_at_Woodstock_Reunion_1979.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got the same email too. I deleted my accout, iirc.

Y'know, probably that's a good move, but that might in fact be their intent. To get non-paying customers to stop occupying their precious server space. I have so many pictures floating around out there from many posts on various guitar boards and car boards that I'll just let them sit with it. Maybe they'll stop showing things again and create more ire out there on the inter-web.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Boycott the suckers. That'll teach 'em.
For new pictures that is easy to do (I use imgura s example now) but think about all the PB pictures linked since years to various forum posts that would disappear, that's the real problem.
Ralf

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Oh, no! I'm over the free tier again! What will I do?
Boycott the suckers. That'll teach 'em.

For new pictures that is easy to do (I use imgura s example now) but think about all the PB pictures linked since years to various forum posts that would disappear, that's the real problem.
Ralf

It was a joke:
Since they're trying to squeeze out non-profitable users anyway, being boycotted by those users would play right into their hands.
:friendly_wink:

Maybe a "Photobucket is the Evil Empire" Facebook page instead?

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Reading all this makes me grateful that I never had a Photobucket account. I do send Flickr $25 a year, but with unlimited storage, I think it's a good value, and I've never had any problems with their hosting.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, no :eek: I've received my "Final Warning Regarding Bandwidth Limitations"

They're gonna' blur my photos now? Oh no. What will I do? I can't sleep at night, and my dreams are now vague and blurry!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm so glad when I first signed up here I went with ImageShack. Then they were free, but now they're reasonably priced and they provide good service. I could just have easily gone with PhotoBucket, but I sure am glad I didn't. When I think of all the historical stuff on this forum that was like a gold mine of information and help that just left when they went under or did their stinkeroo monkey business, it makes me so angry. :jaded:

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
I have had pretty good look with imgur.. Photo *uck it is an absolute mess for sure..

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
The CEO has to be like the captain of a slowly sinking ship, thinking "How in the world am I going to salvage this and tub and make it relevant again?"