Ocd

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
*washing his hands*
*washing his hands*
*washing his hands*

No, I actually don’t have any psychological issues. (Well, none that have been diagnosed.) In this case it stands for Old Cabinet Day. Default dumped, er...I mean, generously donated, an old TBass 2x15 cab he had no room for. While the cab itself was sound, it was missing pretty much everything else: speakers, wiring, handles, badge, jack, Guild dolly.
So, I picked up a deal on a couple of new Eminences, got some similar handles from StewMac, found a Marshall jack cup that would fit the hole, found a badge that was on a pedal steel box (see the eBay section for that post), and got a furniture dolly from Harbor Freight.

Now, it’s a fully functioning bass cab ready for our next Rock Ensemble concert at school (to work in concert with a Hartke XL 4x10. BOOM!)

4eddf87a-9659-4dd2-878e-8fa2fca56cb7.jpeg

15d73dc5-bc7e-4770-ae36-031b49087ae5.jpeg

04fe2a36-0845-411f-9919-849f5bcd7904.jpeg

aab0cbf0-23ae-4a2f-bda1-21639fc243a2.jpeg

Last edited:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good thing you got the dolly! I used to have a Fender Bandmaster cab that was cut out for 15s, and put two EV SRO speakers in it. It weighed well over 100 pounds, and one night (at the end of the gig thankfully) it collapsed under the weight of those speakers. Of course, bandmaster cabinets were never meant to house that kind of weight, but young (and stupid) me neither knew nor cared.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good thing you got the dolly! I used to have a Fender Bandmaster cab that was cut out for 15s, and put two EV SRO speakers in it. It weighed well over 100 pounds, and one night (at the end of the gig thankfully) it collapsed under the weight of those speakers. Of course, bandmaster cabinets were never meant to house that kind of weight, but young (and stupid) me neither knew nor cared.
Even loaded, it’s not that bad. Mind you, it’s heavy, but I was able to get on the dolly, and lift it to reposition it ok.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I’m not sure what the badge was originally from. All of the amps, including my Thunder 1, have a glued on badge in this style, as did the case for my former X-170. This one has nail (or maybe screw) holes to fasten it, and a hollow back that would be good for glueing.

Maybe they went through a short period of nailing instead of glueing. Too trivial to bother You Know Who.

matsickma

Reaction score
The Guitar badge on that cab typically has little "studs" molded right into the logo casting. They probably used a jig to locate holes for the logo studs. Then the Guild logo is pressed into position and the studs secure the logo in place.
M