What Book is this From?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
This popped up on ebay and is listed as "a page from a book". Does anyone know what book?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
FWIW I emailed the seller and they had no idea saying that he found them in a box from a deceased relative.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good question! I don't know! It seems to have more than 253 pages and covers iconic guitars of Tom Anderson, Alembic, Art & Lutherie, B.C. Rich, Benedetto, Bourgeois, Breedlove, Brian May, Burns, Chanticleer, Collings, Coral, D'Angelico, Daisy Rock, Dean, Dobro, Dopyera, Epiphone, ESP, Fender, Gibson, Godin, Gretsch, Guild, Hofner, Hohner, Ibanez, Jackson, Kay, Lakland, Line 6, Martin, National, Ovation, Patrick Eggle, PRS, Peavey, Regal, Rickenbacker, Squier, Steinberger, Tacoma, Tokai, Valco, Vigier, Watkins, Yamaha, Zenith. Has models from 2005 in it so is newer than 2005.
Ralf

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I believe it to be from The Illustrated Catalog of Guitars by Nick Freeth

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I believe it to be from The Illustrated Catalog of Guitars by Nick Freeth
Oh! You are 100% correct! Seems to be a cool book on first look but some comments on Amazon like "Mr. Freeth's coffee-table volume is chock-full of typos, mis-identifications, guitar descriptions that run counter to the images they are supposed to detail..." or "While I enjoyed the book , the editing is egregious - typos and missing words are all over this book, and in places, page content just abruptly ends." or "It’s good as a photo reference but I wouldn’t rely too much on the information contained therein." make it less interesting to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-Catalog-Guitars/dp/0785829288

Ralf

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah - I saw that. I'm not looking for actual information - you, Hans, and the rest of everyone here has got that pretty well covered! I happen to have an X175 that I'm reviewing that looks just like the one in the book and I want to include it and reference the source.

Thanks!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yeah - I saw that. I'm not looking for actual information - you, Hans, and the rest of everyone here has got that pretty well covered! I happen to have an X175 that I'm reviewing that looks just like the one in the book and I want to include it and reference the source.

Thanks!

Does it have that same "rich fruity timbre ideal for rock and blues"?
Or maybe "the Pina Colada Song"?