Date this Guild D50 please.

Reaction score
I am looking for an affordable / quality acoustic guitar and ran across this listed locally. Guild D50 perfect condition with case. SN D504122. Seems like a fair price at $600. Any thoughts? Thanks, Dave

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I am looking for an affordable / quality acoustic guitar and ran across this listed locally. Guild D50 perfect condition with case. SN D504122. Seems like a fair price at $600. Any thoughts?

Hello Dave,

Welcome! I have a question for you: Was that serial number given to you or did you read it on the label or on the back of the headstock yourself?

The reason is that the number is too high for that particular series or group of serial numbers. Is there a way you can show us a photo of the actual label or the guitar for that matter?

The price seems attractive, but it would be a lot of money if it turns out to be a forgery!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that you are looking at a GAD Guild D50? If so those were made in China and are good guitars but I would put $600 on the high side of their market. Make sure to look at the label. If it says "GAD-D50" then that is what it is. Also if it is a GAD model it won't have a truss rod cover and the front of the headstock will be smooth.

Just a suggestion.

TX

Reaction score
Ok. My old eyes misread the SN. It is D504522 and I took it from the sticker on the inside of sound hole. But doesn’t sound like that corresponds from what you’re saying. Not sure how to add a photo. Thx

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If you have a link to the ad for the guitar, you can copy it and using the "Link" icon in the message, paste it in your post. Unless you're afraid someone is gonna scoop you on this, but it sounds as if it may very well be a forgery from previous posts. That's easier than posting a photo......