Neck Pickup Recommendation Needed

Karl

Reaction score
As per my last post, my 65 Capri needs a new neck pickup. Or should I have it rewound? It is way to low in output and or microphonic. Ideas? I put in a call to Guild about a new LB1......

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You can normally find original LB1's from the time period of your guitar for sale on Reverb or Ebay for around $150 each. It would be cheaper to buy a repop from Guild but that would probably hurt the value of the guitar being as they are made in Korea and not the USA like the originals. I personally would try t find an original for sale on the web first. If I couldn't locate one then I would consider getting the original rewound. If that was not feasible then my third and final option would be buying a reproduction from Guild. Just my 2 cents on the subject as it is your guitar and you are free to do what you like with it.

If you do buy a reproduction from Guild and then decide to sell the guitar remember when you list the guitar to mention the reproduction pickup. Reason Being is most buyers would be a little upset if they purchased a guitar thinking the pickups were original or time period correct and they wound up finding out they were a Korean reproduction model without it being disclosed in the ad.

Hope that info helps and good luck in your search!

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Remember that the NS pickups are nickel and the old ones are chrome.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'd look for an original on ebay or reverb, or have the broken one rewound. Most non-big-brand pickup makers offer rewinding, and most of them do a good job.

matsickma

Reaction score
Why not repot the coils and fix the microphonic issue? Once that is fixed you should be able to turn the volume up without it squealing. Maybe then the volume issue will no longer be an issue.
I've done it with Franz pups.
M