Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
First, a Guild Citron X92:

A0151671-1E3F-49D1-BEB4-E26363DF94F5-e1557763938526.jpeg

And then, the X4000:

332B9425-AEE6-4AAD-A90B-D8BA0BC717D4-e1557763901510.jpeg

Sorry for the cell phone pics, but I'm leaving to get on a plane in 10 minutes. I had to rush out and pick these up so they didn't languish at the shipping place all week!

Initial impressions are that the X4000 is what the Liberator Elite could have been, but I haven't even played it so take that with a grain of salt for now.

The X92 is interesting. The removable bit is fiddly, but again, I took it out for pics and then put it back.

Yes, both came from Dino who threw in a pile of catalogs and stuff in the case which were a wonderful surprise!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Gary! If you decide to relocate the X4000 I would love to have first dibs on it if possible. I know the physical appearance of the "Please" garners no weight here but Pretty Pretty Please?:saturn:

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Beautiful Gary! If you decide to relocate the X4000 I would love to have first dibs on it if possible. Pretty Pretty Please?

TX

LOL.

I've decided to refocus my collection and only keep rare, unique, or otherwise satisfying guitars, so probably not, though you're certainly first in what I imagine will be a long line. :encouragement:

F312

Reaction score
LOL.

I've decided to refocus my collection and only keep rare, unique, or otherwise satisfying guitars, so probably not, though you're certainly first in what I imagine will be a long line. :encouragement:

I'm inclined to get in line.

Ralph

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very very cool! Awaiting further information!

walrus

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Amazing! Glad to hear that Dino actually also sells some of his great collection! With his asking prices I was sometimes thinking he always waits for big rockstars paying top swiss money! Anyway, congratulations scoring those two rare beauties! Did the Citron come with the original gig bag? Just curious.
Ralf

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Amazing! Glad to hear that Dino actually also sells some of his great collection! With his asking prices I was sometimes thinking he always waits for big rockstars paying top swiss money! Anyway, congratulations scoring those two rare beauties! Did the Citron come with the original gig bag? Just curious.
Ralf

This is the result of years of hounding and negotiating. :) He actually contacted me to see if I was interested after I had harasses him fo so long.

I happen to know that he sold the orange X4000 on the same day after them being listed for so long.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
The Citron has a body shaped more than a little like the mythical '50s Gibson Moderne (or '70s Ibanez Futura "copy," one of my fav weirdo guitars). :)

-Dave-

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dino has not updated his various pages (Gbase, Reverb,...) for some time. He seems to focus on other things. His original own webpage doesn't exist anymore. The president of his business is now his son (?) Serge since some years, Dino is still member of the board.
Ralf

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
When Dino emailed me he was in the middle of a month-long Asian vacation, so maybe he's retired?

Every dealing I've had has been with him, but Serge is the one that does all the shipping.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'd wanted an X82 forever and only ever saw one in person in Hans' lair, but he wouldn't sell it to me. :encouragement: I don't know that I've ever seen one come up for sale so finally just had to buy the one I knew I could get - just like the X3000 and the X4000.

I think they're a fascinating bit of Guild and guitar history and can't wait to see how well it fares. I've always wanted a steinberger since seeing Eddie Van Halen with one in concert:

9e6bedc7d11a81bf7fc9c0006db89ecc.jpg

I was also a fan of Vito Bratta with his white Steinberger in White Lion.

Anyway, I know the X92 is not remotely the same thing as a Steinberger, but I think they may have been chasing the same market. I have a pile of X92 documentation, ads, and such, so I'm looking forward to that review.

Oh, and Dino threw in a pile of catalogs (sadly I had them all already) and photos of famous people with Guilds that I'd never seen before!