Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
My Dad used to say:

"Spring has sprung

The grass has ris

I wonder where the flowers is?"

What a beautiful time of year! Found a tiny little painter turtle yesterday, about as big as a US nickel. Brought him down by the pond.

Lots of water around here; every year we have what I call "Turtle Week," around Memorial Day. Turtles come up in the yard from the pond and creek and lay eggs - painters, big snappers, red-eared sliders. One big snapper likes to bury about 40 eggs right next to our mailbox post.

Happy to have a little piece of nature to marvel at. This fine specimen of loud frog lives on our deck.

IUYNQsU.jpg

VIAIOtm.jpg

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Dread:
You bring back lots of great childhood memories with many of your post-this one makes the top 10.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, lots of birds too because of the woods and the pond. My favorite is the Kingfisher, tough to photograph though.

dougdnh

Reaction score
Well it's struggling to spring up here in New Hampshire. We had a handful of nice days, but it's not been a great spring so far. Pouring rain and in the 40's yesterday, windy and barely reaching 50 today, chance of snow Monday night - ugh! On the plus side, the trees are just leafing out, and i saw my first bluebird a few days ago.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My pool finally got warm enough to swim.

dbirchett

Reaction score
Out here it goes:

Spring has sprung,
Fall has fell,
Now it's Summer and it's ...
Hotter than ... last year.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's been raining for a freaking month here in NJ. Everything's green alright! My lawn is about two feet deep because I have a drainage issue and need a solid three days of sunlight for it to dry out or my mower ends up like a T-Rex in a tar pit.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Las Vegas has had an unusually mild Spring this year with lots of rain (for us, anyway) and so things are fairly green and plants and trees are blooming everywhere. Weeds are even growing in the rock ground cover which also has a barrier underneath. Who knew things could root and grow in rocks?? But they do. I've been pulling them on and off. Today, it's sunny and a high of 89. Nice! I think I'll go for a bike ride before it gets that hot.

Happy Spring everyone!! :encouragement: