The Who concert

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Happy to report that The Who are still rockin'! Townsend and Daltry are consummate showmen, a real class act. Zak Starkey (Ringo's boy) absolutely killed the drums, I don't think anyone worked harder than him last night. They also had an orchestra, comprised of local musicians, so what's not to like about that? They nailed their parts as well, made the rock opera songs sound very operatic.

They have such a great repertoire to choose from, and both Daltry and Townsend nailed their vocal parts. Daltry can still hit the high notes, even on "Love, Rain On Me," I was duly impressed.

Daltry played a bevy of different Telecasters and a big Gibson J-200 acoustic. Daltry even played acoustic guitar on a couple songs, looked to be a Taylor. I wasn't close enough to give more details about their equipment. And no guitar smashing occurred last night. :apathy:

Set list:

Overture
It's a Boy
Amazing Journey
Sparks
The Acid Queen
Pinball Wizard
We're Not Gonna Take It
Who Are You
Imagine a Man
(Live debut by The Who)
Eminence Front
Join Together
The Kids Are Alright
Won't Get Fooled Again
Behind Blue Eyes
Tea & Theatre
I'm One
The Punk and the Godfather
5:15
Drowned
The Rock
Love, Reign O'er Me
Baba O'Riley

Last edited:

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Great review! Would have loved to be there!

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
what a great set list. so some tommy, some quadro and then some later stuff. not a whole lot of early stuff, like no my generation or i can see for miles.
eminence front, i was never a huge fan of It's Hard and i would have been 15 when that album came out, I was such a rabid fan i had to buy it, but Eminence Front was a song that took a long time to like. now i really dig it.

wow, i have never heard kids are alright live. very interesting set add. "i dont mind, other guys dancing with my girl..."

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Roger Daltrey was the lead guitarist in The Detours, a band also featuring John Entwistle on bass & french horn and Pete Townshend initially on banjo before switching to guitar. :)

-Dave-

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I must give credit to Vet Tix for providing me with 4 free tickets to the concert! They provide free event tickets to Veterans of the U.S. If you are a Vet, you should sign up, they have tickets for all types of events.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I found my tickets from the last "Who" concert I attended...

aDa320S.jpg

beecee

Reaction score
$70 tonight, plus fees, in Buffalo. Wish I could go.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Happy to report that The Who are still rockin'! Townsend and Daltry are consummate showmen, a real class act. Zak Starkey (Ringo's boy) absolutely killed the drums, I don't think anyone worked harder than him last night. They also had an orchestra, comprised of local musicians, so what's not to like about that? They nailed their parts as well, made the rock opera songs sound very operatic.

They have such a great repertoire to choose from, and both Daltry and Townsend nailed their vocal parts. Daltry can still hit the high notes, even on "Love, Rain On Me," I was duly impressed.

Daltry played a bevy of different Telecasters and a big Gibson J-200 acoustic. Daltry even played acoustic guitar on a couple songs, looked to be a Taylor. I wasn't close enough to give more details about their equipment. And no guitar smashing occurred last night. :apathy:

Set list:

Overture
It's a Boy
Amazing Journey
Sparks
The Acid Queen
Pinball Wizard
We're Not Gonna Take It
Who Are You
Imagine a Man
(Live debut by The Who)
Eminence Front
Join Together
The Kids Are Alright
Won't Get Fooled Again
Behind Blue Eyes
Tea & Theatre
I'm One
The Punk and the Godfather
5:15
Drowned
The Rock
Love, Reign O'er Me
Baba O'Riley

Man, they didn't get to my all time favorite who tune, "Magic Bus" it looks like. Bet it was a great show though. Kudos to Vet Tix as well. A really nice way to honor our vets..

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
They missed another favorite of mine too, "The Seeker." But they played for about 2 1/2 hours.