Wow now this is a guitar !

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'll be honest - I dislike that "all inlay" fretboard. It makes it look like an Esteban.

zrhfoxgsqpq7kbrlqj69.jpg
EstebanVintage_001.jpg

I know it's not even in the same universe, but the first time I saw an all "non-wood" white fretboard was one of those Estebans and I'll never be able to accept that look, $15k price tag or no.

I might change my mind after playing it, though. :)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This would be a super nice guitar without the fretboard gaudiness and get rid of that hideous pickguard!! How distracting from what would otherwise be a really beautiful guitar.....

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You guys are a tough crowd lmao . At first I thought the same about the fret board but then I just looked at the block inlays and thought they are pretty at which point I stopped thinking all together . Lol

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
This would be a super nice guitar without the fretboard gaudiness and get rid of that hideous pickguard!! How distracting from what would otherwise be a really beautiful guitar.....

I'm OK with the pickguard, but I agree about the fretboard, Tom. I'm generally a low bling kind of guy, and that's the way I like my Bourgeois too. Well, a little bearclaw is nice!

31491584021_82c72e79ec_b.jpg

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
EKO and other Italian accordian makers who got into the 60's electric guitar craze did a lot of those MOTS finishes...Sandy, maybe you don't remember, but one of those high end shops we went into had a whole rack of them :biggrin:

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Gibson had their Century Of Progress model in the mid/late 1930s, featuring a pearloid fretboard. The playing feel is similar to a lacquered Fender maple or Rickenbacker rosewood(-ish) board.

-Dave-

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
EKO and other Italian accordian makers who got into the 60's electric guitar craze did a lot of those MOTS finishes...Sandy, maybe you don't remember, but one of those high end shops we went into had a whole rack of them :biggrin:

I do remember that Bill! We need to do another tour like that when we both have a little more time. The number of guitar shops in NYC is dwindling, well good ones, anyway.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest - I dislike that "all inlay" fretboard. It makes it look like an Esteban.

zrhfoxgsqpq7kbrlqj69.jpg
EstebanVintage_001.jpg

I know it's not even in the same universe, but the first time I saw an all "non-wood" white fretboard was one of those Estebans and I'll never be able to accept that look, $15k price tag or no.

I might change my mind after playing it, though. :)

That Esteban Looks Really Sweet!

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
That Esteban Looks Really Sweet!

TX

LOL. I saw one in a local mom & pop shop and had to try it out. I've played some cheap crappy guitars in my day, but damn was that thing terrible. It felt like someone put together a guitar out of guitar-shaped parts based on a drawing of a guitar.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
You guys are killing me because I was quite literally sitting here watching Archer in preparation for the new season that's coming out.