Cool Video Abnout Guild History

wileypickett

Reaction score
I'd not seen this before -- thanks for posting Rich. You must have really enjoyed the archtop / Benedetto feature!

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes, it had been posted before, but it was a few years ago already. Always nice to watch again! (@wileypickett: Look at my link, you were the first to comment! :encouragement:)

Ralf

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes, it had been posted before, but it was a few years ago already. Always nice to watch again! (@wileypickett: Look at my link, you were the first to comment! :encouragement:)

Ralf

I hate when that happens!

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I should have searched for the earlier posting....though there are plenty of newcomers who have seen it I'm sure. Including me.

dougdnh

Reaction score
Interesting video. It seems that Fender was very vested in continuing the Guild legacy - what happened?

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It was interesting to see Steve Grom (head of QA at FMIC) who moved to G&L as head of manufacturing and made many improvements for that company (before he was let go).

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Interesting video. It seems that Fender was very vested in continuing the Guild legacy - what happened?

My opinion - they needed a greater return on investment for the New Hartford plant to satisfy their investors.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
My opinion - they needed a greater return on investment for the New Hartford plant to satisfy their investors.
I think a very good case could be made if not actually proved for that being the straw that broke the camel's back.
Corona's extremely short tenure and initial start up problems with finish blems, coupled with Tacoma's very short tenure; and the dealer reservations about the brand following the liquidation of inventory from both locations meant they started the New Hartford period already in a hole they had to dig their way out of.
The sad thing is they appeared to be getting the job done, very well, in fact.