Going to see The Who

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Going to see The Who next Tuesday on their first tour stop, right here in Grand Rapids!

I last saw them at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1976, right after I got out of the Navy. Keith Moon was still living big then. There were 80,000 people there.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Going to see The Who next Tuesday on their first tour stop, right here in Grand Rapids!

I last saw them at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1976, right after I got out of the Navy. Keith Moon was still living big then. There were 80,000 people there.

wow, 2 years before his death. that must have been an amazing show.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I saw them in Chicago in the 70's. Pretty amazing show. You can like 'em or not but at least back in the day they put on one hell of a show!!!

Enjoy.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Maybe they should call it the "Hope I Die Before I Get Really Old" tour.

Alan_M

Reaction score
Saw them on the last 2 tours and they were still awesome! Enjoy the show!

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice! Saw them for the Quadrophenia tour. Can’t this time but it should be a memorable show! They have so much great material. I’m curious to know what guitars Pete will be playing this time.

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
After Nam, stationed at an Army missile site just outside of Detroit. It was 1969 I think and daaaaaamn they were awesome.

dougdnh

Reaction score
I saw them in '67 at a Murray the K Christmas show in New York. Back then, they were pretty unknown in the US, the headliner was Wilson Pickett. I couldn't believe these guys - smashing a guitar onstage! On the same bill was the Cream, also virtually unknown back then. Needless to say, it was quite a show!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Saw them during the "Quadrophenia" tour in 2012. They were good, but Roger Daltrey sure can't sing like he used to. Maybe he was just off that night.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Saw them during the "Quadrophenia" tour in 2012. They were good, but Roger Daltrey sure can't sing like he used to. Maybe he was just off that night.

Yeah, well Robert Plant and Frankie Valli can't sing like they used to either...

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, well Robert Plant and Frankie Valli can't sing like they used to either...

Not sure about Frankie Valli, but I think Robert Plant is making better music in the last 20 years than he ever made with Led Zeppelin, and I'm a Led Zeppelin fan, too.

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Saw them in '82 in Worcester, MA..."Its Hard" Tour I think...Townshend used Schecter teles and had his hair all slicked back like a Rocker. Good Show.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey, thanks for posting that, SFIV! Really looking forward to seeing them live again. Plus, old guys who still rock encourage me!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Not sure about Frankie Valli, but I think Robert Plant is making better music in the last 20 years than he ever made with Led Zeppelin, and I'm a Led Zeppelin fan, too.

+1. Plant has really recorded some great and diverse work since Zeppelin. And his live show is outstanding, too.

walrus

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've changed my mind on the whole hope I die before I get old spiel. Lol