The Leftovers with special guest, Dreadnut

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
My son's band "The Leftovers" are playing a gig at a local brew pub next Saturday. They do mostly originals and they want me to lay down some mandolin on one original and also on Led Zep's "Goin' To California." When they go on break I'm going to grab the DV-52 and do a couple songs, maybe "A Pirate Looks At Forty," "Angel From Montgomery," "Amanda," Third Rate Romance," "Loving Her Was Easier," "Fish And Whistle," gee I don't know, I've got a thousand songs and I'll probably only be doing 2 or 3 at the most. I will likely use my vocal harmonizer. I'll try to post a recording of some sort.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Break a leg!

Is Buck Turgedson your alter ego? Lol

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
yes, please post recording of some sort. wow, thousand songs in your head, that is amazing.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Now you wait right here honey, and Bucky'll be back before you know it!" (As the world is on the brink of thermonuclear doom.)

Sure seems like a thousand, Wood. Mostly G-C-D, LOL.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Now you wait right here honey, and Bucky'll be back before you know it!" (As the world is on the brink of thermonuclear doom.)

Sure seems like a thousand, Wood. Mostly G-C-D, LOL.

those are the best chords :)

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well that was fun. I played mandolin along with The Leftovers on "Goin' To California," which my son picked on the DV-52, and one of their originals. When they went on break I took up the DV-52 and did 3 solo songs; "Fish And Whistle," "Louise,", and finished with "Illegal Smile." I added a chorus I called "Michigan smile." I got lots of compliments, especially from the old guys. They drew quite a crowd to the BrewPub that night, management was happy. They gave me a couple Hoplust IPA's on the house. Plus, they had oysters on the half-shell:chuncky: