F30R, New Hartford, Mint to Excellent Condition

GuildInAtlanta

Reaction score
Do you have one?

I joined the forum this morning after seeing several threads and coming to the conclusion this is the place for Guilds. I'm hoping with a little luck, and maybe a few prayers, someone might be able to help me locate the perfect Guild for me.

Over the past year I've had the opportunity to play a 2012 Guild F30R, and although there are many great guitars out there this little guitar has really grown on me. Granted there may be many great F30's waiting in the wings from other decades, I believe sticking with something I know is what works best for me. So, I'm asking anyone on the forum who has one of these guitars for sale, or knows where I can find one, to please send me note.

The one I've been playing has sort of a tobacco sunburst finish, which I guess would be preferable, but a natural top would work too. Also, I'm interested in either cutaway or non-cutaway models.

Unfortunately in the past couple of months I missed out on several really nice F30's, simply while I was trying to decide what I really wanted and learning the current ball park pricing. Oh well...I guess you live and learn. :smug: Congrats to any new owners or previous sellers who might be on this forum.

In the meantime, I look forward to learning more about Guild from the gurus on the forum maybe one day posting a photo of my own Guild.

All the best,

Robert

-----

Edit 6/11/19 - After starting my search 6 weeks ago I've learned about additional guitars I believe I should consider, so I'm revising my post to reflect this change. Since there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the title of a post, I'll simply list the additional options I have in mind.

- New Hartford Guild F30R Standard, non-cutaway, in either a natural or sunburst finish (sunburst preferred)
- New Hartford Guild F30 Standard, non-cutaway, in either a natural or sunburst finish

- 14 Fret Orpheum Rosewood OM, in a natural finish
- 14 Fret Orpheum Mahogany OM, in a natural finish

Both the resonance of the Orpheum's and the more focused sound of the F30's have peaked my interest, so please let me know if you have any Mint to Excellent examples you may want to sell. In the meantime thank you for your help, and I'll be happy to coordinate a quick purchase if it's the right guitar for me.

Once again all the best,

Robert

Last edited:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome Robert! There was a New Hartford F30 that just sold here for a very good price, and we're good at spending other people's money here, so stay tuned!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome and try listing on "Want to Buy" section of forum, also. One will show up.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards!

There are a couple New Hartford-built F30R's on reverb at the moment. I don't know the pricing on these, but one is mint and the other is in very good condition. Good luck!

Huh , that 1700 hundred one was calling to me but when I went to make contact it was gone , now it's back . 😠
For the other1,100 is at the right price if it's 100% .

GuildInAtlanta

Reaction score
Huh , that 1700 hundred one was calling to me but when I went to make contact it was gone , now it's back . 😠

Thank you for all the posts!

I saw the two New Hartford F30R guitars mentioned on Reverb, and after reviewing the descriptions and photos decided they're not a fit for me. Regardless, I'm sure they'll serve someone else very well.

My hope is there could be someone on the forum who hasn't put one on the market yet...but might be encouraged to send me a private message for a quick sale just to fund other guitar purchase or project. ...You just never know?! :smug:

Thanks again for the help,

Robert

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG Robert! I owned a 2011 f-30rce from New Hartford for about a year and a half.. Great little guitar, but I never bonded with the 1 3/4 nut.. Now I own a GAD F-40P and the 1 3/4 nut is kind of growing on me.
When it comes to Guild guitars both young and old you will not run into a more knowledgeable bunch than the cats on this forum..

GuildInAtlanta

Reaction score
Huh , that 1700 hundred one was calling to me but when I went to make contact it was gone , now it's back . ��

Thank you for all the posts!

I saw the two New Hartford F30R guitars mentioned on Reverb, and after reviewing the descriptions and photos decided they're not a fit for me. Regardless, I'm sure they'll serve someone else very well.

My hope is there could be someone on the forum who hasn't put one on the market yet...but might be encouraged to send me a private message for a quick sale just to fund other guitar purchase or project. ...You just never know?! :smug:

Thanks again for the help,

Robert

GuildInAtlanta

Reaction score
I have a few questions for all the Guild experts out there, since I just was just contacted about a nice used F40 made in New Hartford. If you have experience playing both the F30 and F40, can you please share your thoughts on the following?

1. How does the larger lower bout on an F40 impact the tone, verses the F30?
- More woody/echo/hollow sounding?
- More bass?
2. How does the F40 feel in your lap, compared to the F30?
3. If you could have only one...which would you choose?
4. Anything else I should know?

Thanks for your help,

Robert

tommym

Reaction score
Do you have one?

I joined the forum this morning after seeing several threads and coming to the conclusion this is the place for Guilds.....
Robert

Welcome aboard Robert!

I hope you eventually find what you are looking for. In addition to the 1 3/4" nut, the NH F30 Standard and F30R Standard also had an odd ball 2 5/32" string spacing at the bridge, both of which worked out GREAT for me and aching joints, and allowed me to keep my feet in the Guild camp. I hope Oxnard eventually reintroduces these model, but if not, my backup plan should something happen to my Guild guitars would be one of the newer "Reimagined" Standard Series Martin OM-18 and OM-21, both of which have the same 1 3/4" nut and the odd ball 2 5/32" string spacing at the bridge, and a similar neck profile. Those Martins do cost more, but also come with an ebony bridge and fretboard. I am OK with the rosewood bridge and fretboard that came on my Guild Standards and don't find them to be inferior to ebony.

At one time I had two Guild NH F30 Standards and two Guild NH F30R Standards. Yeah, I like them that much. But I eventually sold a pair of them to my good friend, for his son and daughter. The pair I sold him had the satin finish on the back, sides, and neck, which he preferred the feel of that finish. I kept the ones with gloss back and sides, also with satin necks. So if you are after a specific type of finish, you have to ask the seller to confirm this, as the finish on these Guild Standards was a work in progress.

Tommy

tommym

Reaction score
I have a few questions for all the Guild experts out there, since I just was just contacted about a nice used F40 made in New Hartford. If you have experience playing both the F30 and F40, can you please share your thoughts on the following?

1. How does the larger lower bout on an F40 impact the tone, verses the F30?
- More woody/echo/hollow sounding?
- More bass?
2. How does the F40 feel in your lap, compared to the F30?
3. If you could have only one...which would you choose?
4. Anything else I should know?

Thanks for your help,

Robert

I believe the F40 has the more traditional 1 11/16" nut and 2 1/8 string spacing at the bridge. Thus I passed on that model.

Also, NH made both the F30 "Traditional" with the 1 11/16" nut and 2 1/8 string spacing at the bridge, vs the F30 Standard and F30R Standard with the 1 3/4" nut and the odd ball 2 5/32" string spacing at the bridge.

Tommy

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome aboard Robert!

At one time I had two Guild NH F30 Standards and two Guild NH F30R Standards. Yeah, I like them that much. But I eventually sold a pair of them to my good friend, for his son and daughter. The pair I sold him had the satin finish on the back, sides, and neck, which he preferred the feel of that finish. I kept the ones with gloss back and sides, also with satin necks. So if you are after a specific type of finish, you have to ask the seller to confirm this, as the finish on these Guild Standards was a work in progress.

Tommy

Welcome Robert!

Tommy - as Cheech used to say... Oh WOWw man!
Parallel guitar lives, almost - have two Westerly F30s in the two different
Westerly body styles - one is an R, w/ebony fretboard and bridge, one
is a mini-jumbo, and two New Hartford F30s, a Standard and an R.
All compelling guitars.

The mini-jumbo F30 Westerly is great guitar but a head-scratcher design-
wise, from my observations and experience playing, studying and
appreciating various F30s, might should
have been named something other than an F30 as it shares so little in
common with the "traditional" F30 bodies.
Just another epic Guild peculiarity.

Fwiw - the Westerly F30R in the second photo has a body depth 4" at its deepest,
the NH F30R and Standard are both 4 3/8" overall measured at the very bottom
at the strap pin, and the Westerly mini-jumbo on the right in the first photo, 5".

pSItu8Hl.jpg

Rsngn62l.jpg

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome Robert!

Tommy - as Cheech used to say... Oh WOWw man!
Parallel guitar lives, almost - have two Westerly F30s in the two different
Westerly body styles - one is an R, w/ebony fretboard and bridge, one
is a mini-jumbo, and two New Hartford F30s, a Standard and an R.
All compelling guitars.

The mini-jumbo F30 Westerly is great guitar but a head-scratcher design-
wise, from my observations and experience playing, studying and
appreciating various F30s, might should
have been named something other than an F30 as it shares so little in
common with the "traditional" F30 bodies.
Just another epic Guild peculiarity.

Fwiw - the Westerly F30R in the second photo has a body depth 4" at its deepest,
the NH F30R and Standard are both 4 3/8" overall measured at the very bottom
at the strap pin, and the Westerly mini-jumbo on the right in the first photo, 5".

pSItu8Hl.jpg

Rsngn62l.jpg
What a great way to begin the month of May--two photos of four beautiful Guilds. Awesome!!!

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks Stu!

Robert, will be on the lookout for an NH F30R, will
pm if I find something other than what's already been linked -
meanwhile, good luck in your search!

GuildInAtlanta

Reaction score
Thank you one again for all the information and photos! I feel like I've landed in the mecca for these guitars.

Bonneville88 - I sent you a note, so please be on the lookout.

Also, thanks for all the personal messages. I'm trying to follow up each lead as quickly as possible.

Robert

F312

Reaction score
A few years ago I would have sold my NH F30R, just couldn't bond with it, but now I don't know why I thought that way. It just amazes me on all counts.

Ralph

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Was playing F30s back to back last night - have to agree, the NH F30R has a unique
and strongly projecting warm woody tone, most of its power is in the mid-range,
and it is noticeably different than the NH F30 Standard, also a sweet guitar. Interesting
as I'm not into Rosewood when it comes to dreads, but it's an outstanding tonewood on the NH F30R.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG, Robert! It's a good place to be. Lot's of helpful people that are loaded with information for you. I can't add to that regarding this particular guitar, but you've got people alerted to your search and lots of information here. Good luck!! :encouragement:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I would have sold my NH F30R, just couldn't bond with it, but now I don't know why I thought that way. It just amazes me on all counts.

Ralph

Maybe you just weren't ready yet .😁