12 Fret Guilds

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Someone posted a rare D55 12 string, 12 fretter recently..... but that's like... super rare!! I can't say i've ever seen one TMG. Hmmmm...... anyone??

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Currently I am not sure if they do or not. Richard's D55-12 is the first one I have ever seen prior to New Hartford production. In New Hartford they made a 12 fret 6 string version of the Orpheum Sloped Dread and a 12 fret 6 & 12 string versions Orpheum 000 models. The short lived resonators from New Hartford were also 12 fret models with the only round neck version being the R30/R30S, the rest were square neck models. That is all I can remember but there may be more.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I remembered one more though it was not an American Made Model. When the Made in China GAD Series came out (Mid 2000's) they had a F40P I believe which was a 12 fret F40 body styled guitar with Padauk back and sides. They were all solid wood construction with a Poly finish instead of Nitro. I think a few members here have owned one in the past.

TX

Last edited:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
There's also the P-240 Memoir, which is a recent addtion to the Newark Street series. I played one at Sam Ash recently, and thought it was a good guitar for the money.

P-240_Front.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Everything I can remember in steel flat-tops is mentioned here.
About 99% certain that P-240 in Sandy's post is the only currently available model.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
5K? That's a pile of guitar cash. I'd do my homework, if I had that kind of spending power, to make sure I got that optimum tone/playability magic. No offense meant to Guild's new lineup, but you could wrangle some serious vintage gem at that price. What fun it would be!

https://reverb.com/item/12975207-gibson-l-o-model-acoustic-flattop-guitar-1931-mahogany

That is not Guilds current lineup. Those were the Orpheums I mentioned earlier in post #2 Designed from scratch by Ren Ferguson. They were only made from 2013 to 2014 in New Hartford from the custom shop in very limited quantities. That $5K was MSRP on them but you could get them new for around $2800-$3300. They made very few of the 000 12 fret 6 string models and less than 15 of the 12 string 12 fret 000 models. Every one I have owned or played has been a Phenomenal instrument. I still have the only sunburst RW 000 12 fret 12 string ever made and an Orpheum Jumbo as well. The quality of materials and construction on these were second to none in my opinion, but like I said that is just my opinion, LOL!

TX

jedzep

Reaction score
Aha! Thanks for straightening me out. Wonder what that 6 string 12 fret plays like. Love to hear and play one.

My first teacher bought me a gigantic Orpheum f-hole archtop back in '66. I was 14. Can't figure out why he bought a skinny kid this giant guitar with very high action, but he knew what he was doing, I guess. Got kicked out for my relentless propensity for playing by ear. He insisted I read. Here's a link to my 'Uncle Buddy'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so5jgB5SKkw

Lo, I've wasted many an opportunity.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Aha! Thanks for straightening me out. Wonder what that 6 string 12 fret plays like. Love to hear and play one.

My first teacher bought me a gigantic Orpheum f-hole archtop back in '66. I was 14. Can't figure out why he bought a skinny kid this giant guitar with very high action, but he knew what he was doing, I guess. Got kicked out for my relentless propensity for playing by ear. He insisted I read. Here's a link to my 'Uncle Buddy'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so5jgB5SKkw

Lo, I've wasted many an opportunity.

The 6 string 12 fret 000 Hog I had was one of the most effortless guitars to play I have ever owned. It was so responsive to the lightest touch. I wound up selling it to Beecee here on the forum because I already had a Hog Orpheum Jumbo so it was kind of redundant to have both of them. They did a great job on the Orphuem 12 fret models because they moved the soundhole further down the body along with the bridge which really was the "Sweet Spot" of the Adi spruce top. I also loved the wide 1.80" nut width and the "V" shaped neck on them. It was different than I was used to but extremely comfortable to play. Absolutely a wonderful finger picking guitar.

Here are a few pics of my 2 12 frets, the 6 string 12 fret 000 hog sold to Beecee and the 12 string 12 fret 000 RW burst model I still own.

I1IJEA.jpg
8DWex3.jpg

TX