Consignment recommendation

Reaction score
I want to sell a couple of Guilds that I have come in possession of and would like a recommendation as to whom would be the best Company to list on consignment with.
One is a 2012 F512 12 and the other is a 1977 D12. Both look to be in immaculate condition. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Maxwell.

It might help to know your location, although most of the folks on LTG trade things directly in the FS/FT forum. A lot of folks also use Reverb to sell equipment.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...One is a 2012 F512....

There are folks on this board who might be very interested in that, saving you any consignment percentage. What city are you in? How much are you thinking of asking for the F512? What condition is it? Do you have any photos?

And welcome to Guildville!

Reaction score
I am in Tallahassee Florida. The F512 12 is a 2012 and is in Immaculate condition. That 1977 Guild is actually a F212 as I think I actually stated it was a D. I dont really know anything about the Values as That is why I was considering a Consignment. I have Pictures If I can figure out how to upload em.

dougdnh

Reaction score
Of course there is always Craigslist, and Facebook's Marketplace - make sure you put out lots of pictures. I've had some luck with both. If they weren't 12s, I'd be interested myself!

CocoaPicker

Reaction score
Just for reference, a Guitar Center nationwide search for used Guild 12-strings turns up an F-412 in excellent condition w/LRBaggs for $2199 and a pair of older, rougher-cond. F-212s for ~$650 and $800. GC doesn’t do consignments, though.

You are causing me great pain, here, as I’ve been craving a 512 and I’m visiting family in Tallahassee this weekend. Alas, other financial priorities mean I’ll have to pass. Good luck, and welcome to LTG!

If you travel to Central Florida, Jacobs Custom Guitars in Merritt Island does consignments, last time I checked; talk to member fixit, himself a former Guild factory employee.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I am in Tallahassee Florida. The F512 12 is a 2012 and is in Immaculate condition. That 1977 Guild is actually a F212 as I think I actually stated it was a D. I dont really know anything about the Values as That is why I was considering a Consignment.

There is actually a Blue Book for Vintage Guitars, to help with that F212, because really nice examples of those are getting scarce.
I have Pictures If I can figure out how to upload em.
You need host 'em somewhere else like Imgur.com and then link to 'em here.
Lotta info in this thread:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?185122-FAQ-Posting-pictures-to-LTG
Photobucket created a lot of anger here though when they started holding folk's photos for ransom while monetizing their site a while ago, so no longer the host of choice here.