Informed Guitar West retailer on Ebay that the TRC on his DE-500 was upside down.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
More profanity from Guitars West:
"Dick"Cohen,
Again, go f**k (asterisks supplied by me) yourself again, and again.
I've done close to 3mil. on Ebay and so I don't need some smart *** circle jerk telling what's what.
Please tell your colleague the same thing I've told you... If you can say any thing nice keep your ****ing mouth shut...
And have a blessed day, Gary

That is unbelievable!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well if I had done "3 mil" on ebay I probably would not care whether the TRC was upside down or not. But a simple "Thank you" would have been a much better response. No profanity but it leaves me the option to ignore the TRC and, choose not to follow up if someone persists in pointing that out.

But I will certainly avoid them based upon their customer service.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
This is the total opposite on how a seller (on-line or not) should respond. One wonders how he treats people on a day to day basis. His social circle must be very small.

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I think I bought something from them. Guitar came with a t-shirt. It doesn’t fit. Should I light it on fire?
No you should call 'im and tell 'im: "Ya sent the wrong size, ya circle-jerk!"
BTW as a sales rep, I can tell ya that whenever somebody "complains" about details on a product, (like a scratch on a used car) that's called a "buying signal".
If they had no interest they probably wouldn't complain.
The proper response is: "If I could fix that would you be interested?"
No?
NOW you can tell him where to put his opinion.
:biggrin-new:
I think I'll let 'im know his 3mil on eBay coulda been 4mil if he knew how to recognize a buying signal.

This is the total opposite on how a seller (on-line or not) should respond. One wonders how he treats people on a day to day basis. His social circle must be very small.
walrus
"We are a family-owned Vintage, Used & Rare Instruments dealer in Southern California. We happily buy, sell & trade."
He probably treats everybody like family.

Last edited:

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Seriously, how hard would it have been to make a joke and say “Thanks... it’s a great guitar. Are you interested?” Or simply ignore it if it got his panties all in a wadd.

Grassdog

Reaction score
Well I've heard it said that there's no such thing as bad publicity or "any press is good press". Whether or not that's true, I expect that all of us will remember Guitar West from this day forward.

mike1100

Reaction score
My OCD got the better of me. I bought it just so I could put the truss rod cover on right.

He can keep his soup.......

tommym

Reaction score
More profanity from Guitars West:
"Dick"Cohen,
Again, go f**k (asterisks supplied by me) yourself again, and again.
I've done close to 3mil. on Ebay and so I don't need some smart *** circle jerk telling what's what.
Please tell your colleague the same thing I've told you... If you can say any thing nice keep your ****ing mouth shut...
And have a blessed day, Gary

Rich,

I think the guy just forgot to include his smiley emoticons in his return messages to you. That's all. Makes all the difference you know.

:eagerness:

Tommy

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
He can keep his soup.......

LOL!
hqdefault.jpg

NO DE-500 FOR YOU!!!!

F312

Reaction score
Send him a message and tell him to read it upside down, 370HSSV 0773H