Informed Guitar West retailer on Ebay that the TRC on his DE-500 was upside down.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Got profanity back from Guitar West when I advised the retailer that the TRC on the DE-500 was upside. He said "Go F***k yourself. Stay away from Guiitars West!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think I bought something from them. Guitar came with a t-shirt. It doesn’t fit. Should I light it on fire?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I wonder what would happen if every LTG member emailed them about the TRC? :glee:

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
looks like the D40 on their main page may have a similar issue.
As a side note - one would think that with today's nearly instant message sharing a seller would think twice about making such a statement to a potential client....

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
More profanity from Guitars West:
"Dick"Cohen,
Again, go f**k (asterisks supplied by me) yourself again, and again.
I've done close to 3mil. on Ebay and so I don't need some smart *** circle jerk telling what's what.
Please tell your colleague the same thing I've told you... If you can say any thing nice keep your ****ing mouth shut...
And have a blessed day, Gary

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guitar West has three Guilds listed and TRC upside down on two. Suppose arrogance and ignorance go together in his case.
If I had unlimited funds, I would fly to CA and visit GW. Betcha I could make him a nervous wreck. Cannot imagine anyone feeling comfortable playing any of their guitars.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was right. I bought the '66 Starfire from them. No complaints from that transaction aside from the fact that it was chemically induced.

Grassdog

Reaction score
From their Ebay store:

In our over 30 years of business, Customer Service has always been of the utmost importance to us. Every call, email and inquiry will be answered.

I guess that's if you don't ask the wrong question . . .

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
From their Ebay store:

In our over 30 years of business, Customer Service has always been of the utmost importance to us. Every call, email and inquiry will be answered.

I guess that's if you don't ask the wrong question . . .

No, I'm pretty sure they answered.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The guy cares about the MONEY, not getting little details correct. To be honest, how many sales has he lost by not caring if the TRC is wrong on any guitar ? Probably none. You may as well say, " Those bridge pins are the wrong color " . That being said, to go all expletive on someone who has CLEARLY looked at some of his inventory and has more than a passing interest in them is just moronic.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, this dude needs to chill! Not into subtle humor, is he?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I say it is right side up and all you folks are just upside down, ROTFLMAO! Just Kidding, Seems like this seller may be a little bit touchy, LOL.

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
As my Uncle would have said, maybe the TRC is correct and it's the guitar that's upside down!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My goodness; what a ridiculously offensive response to a benign comment, Rich. Hey, some people have no sense of etiquette or humor for that matter.

MartyG

Reaction score
I see the ‘77 S-300AD on the front page has the Humbucking pickups! (In the description) How rare is that? Could be a misprint. Maybe he meant Hum****ing.

Marty