Unusual NEW Guild Slim T 50 with white neck binding

Reaction score
Dear Forum - I purchased a NEW Guild Slim T 50 from a major guitar retailer in 2019 and this Guild came with a beautiful white binding on the neck. None of the Guild web site or retailer or owners selling on eBay have photos of any Guild T 50 models vintage or new showing this feature how rare is this Guitar??

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Dear Forum - I purchased a NEW Guild Slim T 50 from a major guitar retailer in 2019 and this Guild came with a beautiful white binding on the neck. None of the Guild web site or retailer or owners selling on eBay have photos of any Guild T 50 models vintage or new showing this feature how rare is this Guitar??

Hello ProfParadis,

Welcome! The 2018 catalog shows no neck binding on the T-50, whereas the 2019 catalog shows the instrument with white binding along the fingerboard, so it looks like it's a 'new' feature for the 2019 models.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Pictures always help.

I wouldn't get too worked up about rarity in a Newark St. guitar. While it may very well be uncommon, Guild is famous for changing specs and sometimes not updating the marketing material. As an example, some early NS Bluesbirds have push-pull pots but most don't and the current website says nothing about it.

Look like Hans beat me to it.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG! Does your new T-50 have a serial number starting with KSG? My suspicion is that CMG might have changed the factory in late 2018 from SPG to another factory in Korea like WMI as example. WMI usually only made the solid body Guild models. The serial number letters would tell if there was a change. I am not sure that is what happened but you can check.
Does your new T-50 has 18:1 Grover marked Sta-Tite tuners?
For info, as Hans already noticed in the 2019 catalog picture, also the model hanging at the Guild booth at Winter NAMM already had neck binding. Also one I found pictures from at Brooklyn Fine Guitars (see picture below):

20190208_191200.jpg

Ralf