New Member & 68/69? D-55

nacluth

Reaction score
It's only the first few posts that are vetted...you'll be in real time soon if you aren't already. Thanks for stopping by and sharing the pics of the beautiful instrument...stick around.
Thanks. Looks like I’m up and running now. I’ll be the first to admit a fair amount of Guild ignorance, but the reception has been nice, so I’ll be around. :)

nacluth

Reaction score
Wait — are you Steve Kinnaird? My husband knows of you from the Luthier’s Forum. He is Chris Wood...not building much these days, but still has a shop. Love your guitars!
I’m Ryan. Steve and I have been building together for the last dozen years in our two man shop. (He was building for 25 years by the time he hired me.) Thanks for the compliment. I don’t think I’ve met your husband in person, but I’ve definitely seen him and his work around the forums. I was always a lurker on the OLF and spend most of my time posting on the AGF. I’ll let Steve know we crossed paths.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'll do that. Occasionally my son stops by the college and talks to the kids in the Forestry department. He lives in Fort Worth now, and I'm up northwest of Longview, but I'll meet him down there one of these days, visit SFA and I'd love to see your shop and visit with you. I wouldn't mind taking that D55 off your hands either. By the way, after you posted this, I went to YouTube and watched several of your videos. Christie Cook absolutely blew me away! Wow!!!! And the guitar you built for her! Man, you build some beauties with some tremendous sound.

West

Thanks West! If you’re ever back in our neighborhood, feel free to stop in our shop. We love visitors. We think Nac is a special place, and I wouldn’t trade the trees for anything.

nacluth

Reaction score
Thanks West. I’m glad you enjoyed our videos. We’re in the process of redoing our website, but I’ve been trying to update our YouTube pages more often. Christie is a great local talent. We’re about to go to the La Conner Guitar Festival (Washington State) in three weeks, but besides then we’ve pretty much got an open shop.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
i have an extra truss rod cover for this if u are interested

qIMcsJ.jpg

sorry to be late to the thread. beautiful D-55 SB

nacluth

Reaction score
Thanks West. I’m glad you like the guitar and Christie’s playing. She is a local talent that has been hampered with severe back and joint issues, but she is a phenomenal player and songwriter. She has a Celtic album that is really fun to listen to.

Different boards can be pretty strict about self-promotion and I’m new here, so I’ll keep from posting links or discussing our guitars outright, but I appreciate the nice things you’ve said.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think it must be pretty special to build a guitar for someone and then watch them play it so masterfully.

Nice video, West!