The Guild Creed

PittPastor

Reaction score
Most of you have no doubt seen this before, but it was the first time I had read it. FWIW.

6koNdbf.png

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
“Guitars like this aren’t made to be collector’s items”

I get what they’re trying to say, but as a collector I wouldn’t collect them which isn’t saying what they’re trying to say.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I've seen that before, Pitt. Thanks for posting it. I wonder who wrote it.

I really love the reference to Richie Havens opening at Woodstock. That is a moment in time that I really wish I'd been around for.

PittPastor

Reaction score

I get what they’re trying to say, but as a collector I wouldn’t collect them which isn’t saying what they’re trying to say.

Not to get full-on "Pastor", which as we know, is even worse than going full-on retard...

...but, to quote Apostle Paul: (Who is quoting the Prophet Isaiah)

"Isn’t the potter free to make different kinds of pots out of the same lump of clay? Some are for special purposes. Others are for ordinary use."

Meaning, in this case, they can make them for whatever purpose they want. You still can collect them. And, I suppose you can still even keep them in mint condition. (I'm too clumsy to manage that!) I think they are saying: "That's not what we have in mind when we build them.

The Woodstock reference was a nice touch, I thought.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not to get full-on "Pastor", which as we know, is even worse than going full-on retard...

...but, to quote Apostle Paul: (Who is quoting the Prophet Isaiah)

Meaning, in this case, they can make them for whatever purpose they want. You still can collect them. And, I suppose you can still even keep them in mint condition. (I'm too clumsy to manage that!) I think they are saying: "That's not what we have in mind when we build them.

The Woodstock reference was a nice touch, I thought.

I never said that they shouldn’t make them. I just don’t think they’re the works of art that the guitars they’re based on are. Then again, not much of anything made today is, so it’s not strictly a Guild thing. They’re just playing the game the best they can given the current environment.

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I imagine planned 50 year anniversary happenings will be "tremendous", in the words of the big chef.

Also to be remembered, moon landings, real or otherwise...

Average cost of a new house was $15k.

Abbey Road.

ARPANET.

The Love Bug.

Easy Rider.

Boeing 747.

Pontiac Trans Am.

Chappaquiddick.

And a lot more...

Agreed.

I think they're saying these aren't good enough to collect compared to the old ones? ;-)

Last edited: