Are Guild effects the most expensive in the word?

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I thought a sold price on an Ampeg Scrambler once had me thinking that was the most I'd ever seen anyone pay for a pedal, but this?

$7k for a pair of Guild Univibes?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guild-Roto...287011?hash=item287bb711a3:g:M~UAAOSwd2xXQdmg

A guy in the cowboy town down the road actually has a Foxy Lady he's been wanting to sell in the $300 price range. That's probably about tops for me for a vintage pedal, unless it's a Tycobrahe Octavia or Parapedal, and I've had both, sold both. Octavia I bought as is off CL for $300, fixed a cold solder joint and and sold for $1500 in an eBay "sidedeal" where the guy actually wanted to hear me wail away on it over the phone, and made the PPal payment while I was getting my Band of Gypsies groove on... ;-)

The good old days...

Last edited:

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well....that's an asking price, and I'd be suprised if they sold for that amount. I don't really know what the most expensive pedals are these days...original Shin-ei univibes, first generation KLONS...?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those Univibes have been for sale for quite a while. They'll never get anywhere near that price.

Paying big money for a fuzz has always made me laugh. You can make your own with around 10 parts. Of course having the right vintage Ge transistor helps, but you can buy a kit that's just as good or better for way less money.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not all of them. The Foxx-made wah pedals are relatively cheap (and justly so.)

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
u can buy a Hammond B3 and two Leslies for 7,000

Those with their road cases would look sooooo sharp in your living room - your spouses would be muted, too. Silent treatment for coming decades or so . . .

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I helped a local legend move a B3 to and from gigs way back... in the early 80's. I can't think of another single piece of regular band gear anywhere as heavy as that...

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I helped a local legend move a B3 to and from gigs way back... in the early 80's. I can't think of another single piece of regular band gear anywhere as heavy as that...

My college roommate was a better bass player than I was so he played in the band and I moved equipment. The keyboard player had both a B3 with one Leslie and a Fender Rhodes. Luckily most of the gigs were on campus and there were several dollies available.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
There's an original Colorsound Power Boost on Reverb for the asking price of US$2250.

https://reverb.com/item/17191230-colorsound-power-boost-1968-gilmour-vintage

I doubt it'll sell at that price, particularly since you can get a component-accurate reissue for ~1/7th that price (still not cheap!) that nails the original sound, not even counting the great near clones available that play more nicely with effects chains and pedal boards.

My Foxy Lady wasn't cheap, but it's a very early one with clear high end, huge bass & a super-scooped midrange. Even at full gain it doesn't cloud up like most Muffs do. For a lead sound I kick on a Tube Screamer in front of it…cuts bass and boosts mids.

-Dave-