Thought(s) for the Day

Opsimath

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I hope all are having a terrific day.

I thought it might be fun to hear what your Thought(s) for the Day might be. It could be a quote from someone well known, something your grandma used to say, or an original that you came up with yourself. It could be thought provoking, words of genuine wisdom, or just plain funny.

And no, we are not going to limit ourselves to one per customer. Let us hear whatever worthwhile words you have to pass on!

Here's one I've found snicker-worthy:

Never Armorall your motorcycle seat.

(... or your brake pedal - and you can ask me how I know that second one)

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well my thought for the day is that I have not seen you around for a while so Welcome Back!

Opsimath

Reaction score
Thank you, Fro. I've lurked a bit from time to time but not been at the computer much. I thought it would be fun to check in with this thread and see what the members have to contribute. I'll bet it's all going to be good!

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You never have time to do it right, but you always have time to do it twice.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Abandon hope, all ye who enter.

If you have already abandoned hope, please disregard this notice.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
"The important thing, I think, is not to be bitter. You know, if it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that He's evil. I think that the worst you can say about Him is that, basically, He's an underachiever." [Woody Allen]

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Yes, welcome back, Opsimath!

"One Day At A time" has worked well for me...

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
See my sig.
:smile:

PS nephew's sticking w/ piano lessons.
Likes the way the keys feel under fingers and prefers the ergonomics of the keyboard to the fretboard.
Can't argue with that, so turned him on to McCoy Tyner, Sergio Mendes ("Mas Que Nada", featured in "Austin Powers International Man of Mystery") and pre-"Chariots of Fire" Vangelis a couple of weeks ago.
Maybe another thought for the day:

How're the horses?

Last edited:

CA-35

Reaction score
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
"Person who stand on toilet high on pot."

Welcome back Opsimath! Hope all is well!

TX

Opsimath

Reaction score
See my sig.

PS nephew's sticking w/ piano lessons.
Likes the way the keys feel under fingers and prefers the ergonomics of the keyboard to the fretboard.
Can't argue with that, so turned him on to McCoy Tyner, Sergio Mendes ("Mas Que Nada", featured in "Austin Powers International Man of Mystery") and pre-"Chariots of Fire" Vangelis a couple of weeks ago.
Maybe another thought for the day:

How're the horses?

Nice audio. I don't think I've heard that before.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear nephew is sticking with his music. I haven't played much the past year, but trying to get back to it. I find I'm pretty rusty.

The horses are doing pretty good, thank you for asking. We lost one around Christmas and still weepy about it, probably always will be. I spent part of this morning killing a snake for the first time. It was a water moccasin that was in the horse pen - horses had already been turned out, I was cleaning up. I used a wooden stick - with a hoe attached to the end of it! I would apologize to all the ecologists who think wildlife should left unharmed and not be bludgeoned to death, but I am not in the least bit sorry. I don't think it's the same one I saw two days ago so the hunt may continue and if there is another one he could well meet the same fate. And I still won't be sorry.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends on the couch.