Did Guild ever make 60's Starfires in any custom colors aside from Green/Black?

rbrcbr

Reaction score
Guild Total
I've seen a sunburst model or two (upgraded T-100s I think, or maybe special order) and the usual Emerald Green and Black finishes. Just curious if anyone has ever seen anything cool like a Lake Placid Blue or Aztec Gold finished Starfire?

I found this on Reverb, seems like a limited run reissue or something? https://reverb.com/item/4409013-guild-starfire-v-blue

I'm asking because I've seen a couple of refinished/stripped natural project vintage Starfires that have a lot of potential, and honestly would love a custom color Vintage Starfire that isn't $3k. Considering nabbing one in decent shape structurally/electronically and having MJT do a custom color refinish.

Or is that complete sacrilege? I just love custom colors and vintage custom colored Fenders and Gibsons are so damn cool.

Edit: Amber starfires are the only other one I didn't mention that I know were in production back then.

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've seen a sunburst model or two (upgraded T-100s I think, or maybe special order) and the usual Emerald Green and Black finishes. Just curious if anyone has ever seen anything cool like a Lake Placid Blue or Aztec Gold finished Starfire?

I found this on Reverb, seems like a limited run reissue or something? https://reverb.com/item/4409013-guild-starfire-v-blue

I'm asking because I've seen a couple of refinished/stripped natural project vintage Starfires that have a lot of potential, and honestly would love a custom color Vintage Starfire that isn't $3k. Considering nabbing one in decent shape structurally/electronically and having MJT do a custom color refinish.

Or is that complete sacrilege? I just love custom colors and vintage custom colored Fenders and Gibsons are so damn cool.

Edit: Amber starfires are the only other one I didn't mention that I know were in production back then.

I have better pictures of that guitar. :laughing:

Guild-StarfireV-Blue-TopFull-NW.jpg

I'd say if you have a guitar that's been stripped or is worthy of being stripped, then have at it.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'd consider a refin of something that didn't need it a sacrilege but since I will not be buying your guitar my opinion means nothing. And I do share your interest in colors. I don't need, nor have room, for another bass but a Newark Street Starfire II in the right blue would have a place immediately.

There have been a few blue Starfires although I think they are more recent than the '60's.

I seem to recall sunburst, cherry red, blond, black and green as 60's finishes. There are catalog collections that could be checked to see what I have missed.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
For 60s models, I've also seen the dark sunburst with black as the outer layer, as well as a few Amber examples that surface occasionally. I seem to recall one custom order white Starfire too.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wonder what the odds are that's actually an EMERALDFIRE?

Al,

EmeraldFire was not the official name for a Starfire with an Emerald Green finish; the official name was Emerald Star.

If you read further down the link you included in your posting, you will see the owner's comment about the model designation on the label of his Starfire.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Al,

EmeraldFire was not the official name for a Starfire with an Emerald Green finish; the official name was Emerald Star.

If you read further down the link you included in your posting, you will see the owner's comment about the model designation on the label of his Starfire.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

That sputtering noise you heard was my brain farting, thanks!
I knew something didn't sound quite right but stopped reading after that first post and figured it was just me....

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
stopped reading after that first post

Therein lies the source of the problem. Do I adjust the timing so the AI has more time to read or increase the buffer so the AI remember what has been read or is there something else going on?

parker_knoll

Reaction score
For 60s models, I've also seen the dark sunburst with black as the outer layer, as well as a few Amber examples that surface occasionally. I seem to recall one custom order white Starfire too.

I had a 1960 SF III that was kind of plum in colour; I don't know if it was just an early iteration of cherry but it was a very different colour to my '66.

446145280_71b6210cf0_o.jpg
[/url]

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Therein lies the source of the problem. Do I adjust the timing so the AI has more time to read or increase the buffer so the AI remember what has been read or is there something else going on?

Warranty expired at 25k posts and supplementary RAM is NLA in any case.

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guys don't look a at my guitar like that... that's the one. If I had the money I'd buy it, but like all other guitars, pretty much need it like another hole in the...

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Since the OP asked about 60's Starfires without specifiying which model, but looking at his Avatar here's some input about the Starfire II/III:

On this picture (Source: LTG member mbrindell) you see the 4 available colors in 1962/1963 models: Emerald Green, Cherry Red, Honey Amber (Amberstar) and Ebony Grain:

482688_578613008824274_1551542249_n.jpg

Ralf

Last edited:

parker_knoll

Reaction score
Since the OP asked about 60's Starfires without specifiying which model, but looking at his Avatar here's some input about the Starfire II/III:

On this picture (Source: LTG member mbrindell) you see the 4 available colors in 1962/1963 models: Emerald Green, Cherry Red, Honey Amber (Amberstar) and Ebony Grain:

482688_578613008824274_1551542249_n.jpg

Ralf

Wow. Do you know what's the story with my plum one?

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Last edited: