Did Guild discontinue the NS Aristocrat?

PittPastor

Reaction score
I noticed that both Sweetware and Guitar Center list it as discontinued.

Strangely, though, Guild's website seems to indicate only the Golden version is discontinued. And Musician's friend still lists it for sale.

Just wondering....

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice! I think you got the last one because those show out of stock now.

I think they've been discontinued for a while. I bought mine on Reverb. I generally don't buy new guitars.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Would be a damn shame if they did, they're nice guitars, and something very unique to Guild. Now I'm gonna have to buy one anyway before they get "rare, discontinued, expensive"

kakerlak

Reaction score
I think the used market got artificially flooded w/ goldtops shortly after they appeared as MF's Stupid Deal of the Day. What were those, like $500-ish?

PittPastor

Reaction score
I think the used market got artificially flooded w/ goldtops shortly after they appeared as MF's Stupid Deal of the Day. What were those, like $500-ish?

Wish I would have caught that. Oh well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a NS Burst M75. I figured with MF's 45 day guarantee I couldn't really go wrong.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total

Mine was listed as "blemished". In reality, it had a cold solder joint on one of the pups. Kissed it with a soldering iron, added some lead, and it was fine.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Mine was listed as "blemished". In reality, it had a cold solder joint on one of the pups. Kissed it with a soldering iron, added some lead, and it was fine.

Don’t admit to using lead! You’ll wake up the EPA!

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guild's website seems to indicate only the Golden version is discontinued.
The gold top was officially called "The limited edition M-75G". So it was clear they will be only availabe for a limited time. I am surprised about the others however as the antique burst version was still listed in the new 2019 catalog at NAMM. The black one was not listed anymore.

The M-85 also disapeared from the guild website.
The M-85 bass is under archived models since a longer time already.

Ralf

PittPastor

Reaction score
But it's still ok to kiss things with a soldering iron, right?

I wish I could find it, but I searched with no luck. There was this great interview with Steve Wozniak, creator of the Apple II computer. In the middle of the interview, they took him to this museum and they had this old apple II there (might have been an Apple I) Anyway, he fired it up to see if it would work and the video was on the fritz. He said: "Oh yeah, those old boards did that. Do you have a soldering iron? I can fix it."

So they get him to a bench, and he has this lead spool of solder, and he loops it through his mouth and holds it with his left hand and the iron with his right, so he can let out the solder as he goes. Like it was just the most natural thing in the world. There is this billionaire causally working on the solder joint of a 40 year old computer, with solder in his mouth.

It was something else.

So Kiss it? Woz French Kissed it. (Just the solder though, not the iron.)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I wish I could find it, but I searched with no luck. There was this great interview with Steve Wozniak, creator of the Apple II computer. In the middle of the interview, they took him to this museum and they had this old apple II there (might have been an Apple I) Anyway, he fired it up to see if it would work and the video was on the fritz. He said: "Oh yeah, those old boards did that. Do you have a soldering iron? I can fix it."

So they get him to a bench, and he has this lead spool of solder, and he loops it through his mouth and holds it with his left hand and the iron with his right, so he can let out the solder as he goes. Like it was just the most natural thing in the world. There is this billionaire causally working on the solder joint of a 40 year old computer, with solder in his mouth.

It was something else.

So Kiss it? Woz French Kissed it. (Just the solder though, not the iron.)

That's great. Love Woz.