Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Specs for 1972 F312

Specs for 1972 F312

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I have a 1972 F312 that I've decided to sell. I bought it from the original owner in 1976. It's in excellent condition and sounds beautiful so I think it will fetch a good price. Anyone who would be interested in this guitar would want to know its specs and something about its history, but I can't seem to find much. Any suggestions for where to find these specs? Also, any suggestions about where is the best place to sell vintage guitars?

Thanks!

Bill

welcome to LTG, Bill.

a 1972 F-312 is pretty hard to come by. you may find some serious interest here on this forum. for specs it should be the same as the F-212 of the same year, only 1 significant difference being the F-312 has rosewood back and sides (F-212 is mahogany back and sides). they have a 16-inch lower bout. and in 1972 would have the “mini jumbo” shape, and be made in Westerly, Rhode Island. make sure u are ready to part with her, finding another wouldnt be easy. good luck!

Definitely interested. Could you pm me or post some pictures? What are you thinking price wise?

Please post pics!!!! I also had a 1972 F312, sadly stolen from me in 1985. It had rosewood back and sides and 16” lower bout, chesterfield headstock...and it was pretty heavy. I know because I carried that thing everywhere, including walking 2 1/2 miles to school with it!
    Westerly-built F65-CE, post 1999
    2011 Chris Wood Dreadnought, "Veronica"
    2 Takamines
    1 insane Vizsla

Welcome, Bill! Private message sent.
    "Heat lightning burnt the sky like alcohol." John Prine

'76 D-25M
    '99 DV-52ABHG (gave to my son)
    '98 DeArmond Starfire Special
    Takamine Acoustic Flying "A"
    Crate CA-125D Acoustic Amp
    Fishman Loudbox Mini Acoustic Amp

Thanks, this is very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by mavuser View Post
    welcome to LTG, Bill.

a 1972 F-312 is pretty hard to come by. you may find some serious interest here on this forum. for specs it should be the same as the F-212 of the same year, only 1 significant difference being the F-312 has rosewood back and sides (F-212 is mahogany back and sides). they have a 16-inch lower bout. and in 1972 would have the “mini jumbo” shape, and be made in Westerly, Rhode Island. make sure u are ready to part with her, finding another wouldnt be easy. good luck!

I just posted several pics. I'm planning to sell it in the Bay Area where I live as I don't want to take any risks with shipping. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Definitely interested. Could you pm me or post some pictures? What are you thinking price wise?

It must have been special to you if you still remember it so fondly all these years later. I've posted several pics. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by bdeclee View Post
    Please post pics!!!! I also had a 1972 F312, sadly stolen from me in 1985. It had rosewood back and sides and 16” lower bout, chesterfield headstock...and it was pretty heavy. I know because I carried that thing everywhere, including walking 2 1/2 miles to school with it!

Beautiful looking guitar, and brings back very fond memories for me. Thanks for posting the pics!
    Westerly-built F65-CE, post 1999
    2011 Chris Wood Dreadnought, "Veronica"
    2 Takamines
    1 insane Vizsla