NS Starfire New Pickups

GSFV

Reaction score
So I've got a NS SFV that I really enjoy. But do have a bit of GAS and some neat ideas. Unfortunately it won't be possible to accomplish everything so I'm trying to consolidate by combining ideas. which may be dangerous. Has anyone tried to route the PU cavity on a NS Starfire and put full size HB in there? I've got some Duesenberg Pickups I've been dying to drop into a guitar, but also VERY interested in putting the Guild HB1's into something. So either of those...

But as I'm unwilling to permanently maim my white SFV I was thinking about getting a IV to try some of these ideas on. Not sure how possible it would be, or if it'd even be worth it. I guess I could always just assemble a parts caster. But then it wouldn't have any Guild/Semi-Hollow love. Plus...I have always had a soft spot for the NS SFIV ST in burst. Absolutely beautiful...

Any thoughts or recommendations? Comments? Warnings? What have you...? I'm curious if anyone has done anything like that before and how it turned out.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
My advice would be to get a pair of vintage Guild AntiHums and put those in instead of carving into the wood on your guitar.

dbirchett

Reaction score
Either that or get the NS ones rewound. Actually just rewinding the bridge should do it.

GSFV

Reaction score
That's kind of what I figured. Usually cutting away wood of a guitar is a major undertaking and frowned upon for semi hollows. But wanted I'd ask anyway.