Reaction score
Guild Total
Gotta love it!

BeRS0uSCcAAKG4p.jpg

My favorite meme!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I saw this article the other day and have to say that I wish no ill feelings on anyone but this made me smile a bit being an Animal Lover. I feel for the Idiot's family to have to deal with the loss of a member but you can't fix Stupid. Congrats to the Elephant that did the deed protecting it's own and I hope the lions made a date night out of that "special" meal. To my understanding all they found was a skull and a pair of pants so at least nothing went to waste. Just think of the Rhinos that are still alive because this guy's 4 buddies are now in jail and of course he is no longer with us.

I just wish that Elephant would have gotten a hold of that Dentist Walter Palmer from a few years back that lured Cecil the Lion of his reservation so he could shoot him.

TX

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm not a hunter any more but I used to be - pheasant, partridge, deer - I have other interests now, but I'm not anti-hunting. I still have a deer rifle, and I took my son out on the youth hunt here in Michigan for two years, he got a small buck both years, so we had a freezer full of venison that were feeding on 800 acres of corn. Textbook father/son up north memories, same as with my Dad and cousins and uncles. it's just as much about the camaraderie as it is the hunting.

I am however not real fond of poaching, especially pertaining to endangered species.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm not Anti hunter either Dread, Grew up Hunting and was taught that you never kill what you are not going to eat. Pretty sure the idiot who got killed was trying to kill the Rhino to sell it's horns. Never been one for Trophy hunting and in this case and the one I mentioned about Cecil the Lion, Both took place involving wildlife preserves where the animals are supposed to be protected. That was why I was Happy for the Elephant and Lions.

TX

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, TX, unlike the humans the animals in this case can't reason, they're just protecting themselves.

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It's not as bad as it could have been when you're killed by an elephant (easy and painless) and then eaten by lions while wandering the Crocodile section ;-)))

Can they make a movie out of this?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yeah, TX, unlike the humans the animals in this case can't reason, they're just protecting themselves.

Even though I don't own any firearms, I got no problem with subsistence hunting, of non-threatened species, but your comment about the camaraderie aspect never occurred to me before.
I see that as related to, although a little a different pursuit, than outright trophy hunting.
After all, it's the source of the cliché "the thrill of the hunt", right?
But to poach for the sake of profit, especially threatened/endangered species, is unforgivable.

I get the desire to have tangible evidence of a significant life experience, but that's still an entirely different category than poaching, and I believe even trophy hunters who understand their environmental responsibilities would draw the line at poaching.

As far as I'm concerned anybody who suffers the tables being turned while poaching was justly served, and luring targets out of sanctuary is just as bad, right up there with baiting.
Which should only be done with crows, flies, and roaches.
And chihuahuas.

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
The poachers know what they are doing, and do it anyway. There are some that want to cry that its ecomomic-based and thats why the "young people" do it. For every action there are consequences. Wanna eat a rhino? Have at it. Just watch out for the elephants, 'cause they are looking out for each other, apparently :untroubled: Good for them!