Guild A25

Reaction score
hello. Anyone have any idea what a Guild A25 concert size guitar is worth? Solid sitka top Solid hog back and sides. mfg 1967 Westerly.
very good condition.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Pictures would be a major help in determining the condition of the guitar which ultimately determines the over all value of the instrument. To post photos here you have to host them elsewhere and paste the link here.

The A-25 acoustic was made between 1995-1997 at Westerly according to the Blue Book of guitars. Figuring your 1967 Date of manufacturer is a typo in your original post. There are 2 different A25s listed, One is the "HR" model or "Hand Rubbed" finish which looks like a Satin finish and the Other is the "HG" or "High Gloss" model which is a Gloss Nitro Finish.

These values below are just a guideline as like mentioned earlier it is impossible to know the value without photos to determine the condition.

The Blue Book states that the A-25HR is valued at $525-$600 in Mint Excellent condition and $400-$450 in Average Shape.

The Blue Book States that the A-25HG is valued at $700-$800 in Mint Excellent condition and $450-$525 in Average Shape.

Hope this info helps and like I said this comes straight from the Blue Book of Acoustic Guitars. This is just a reference as prices can reflect more or less depending on the Market.

TX

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum ;-)

Still sorta new myself but I did hear there is etiquette here that if you post a guitar for others to advise on, they won't jump on it themselves so maybe just post a link to the ad?

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Danny.
I bought an A25 HR on eBay a while back and I was impressed with the look and the feel of the guitar. Unfortunately, the sound was not that great, so I ended up selling it locally. I will say that it came with one of the nicest cases I've seen.

It was in excellent condition and I bought it for $500.

Cheers,
Joe

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Danny.
I bought an A25 HR on eBay a while back and I was impressed with the look and the feel of the guitar. Unfortunately, the sound was not that great, so I ended up selling it locally. I will say that it came with one of the nicest cases I've seen.

It was in excellent condition and I bought it for $500.

Cheers,
Joe

Yes, I recall that coming up from one of the guys who worked at Westerly when I first started lurking around here, it kind of surprised me at the time, because there's a school of us here who think Westerly was at the top of their game after Fender bought 'em in late '95.
Never saw any further discussion of what the problem might have been, but very few late Westerlys get accused of inferior sound..

@ the OP:
Welcome board Danny, are you looking at something for sale or looking to sell?
FWIW the A25 had same body size and wood specs as the F30, but with a 1-3/4" nut, a relatively uncommon spec for Guild.

beecee

Reaction score
tx knows his pricing.

I had one and an A-50 as well, slightly upgraded model with ebony fret/bridge and a nice abalone rosette. Mine sounded nice, not as good as say my current F-30 but it sure was pretty...I'd like one in a burst again someday.

I never have heard any stunning reviews of either of the A acoustics....it is odd.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
tx knows his pricing.

I had one and an A-50 as well, slightly upgraded model with ebony fret/bridge and a nice abalone rosette. Mine sounded nice, not as good as say my current F-30 but it sure was pretty...I'd like one in a burst again someday.

I never have heard any stunning reviews of either of the A acoustics....it is odd.

A-50 was also rosewood bodied in case anybody's curious.
I "assume" they were supposed to fill the F30 slot since they were introduced while F30 was on hiatus, much like DV-6's and DV-25's filled the D40 slot.
I'm sure there were subtle build differences but eventually before close of Westerly both the F30 and D40 were revived.
Never saw any rationale for the flip/flop on model numbering.