Jagger undergoing hesrt surgery

beecee

Reaction score
Doctors expect a full recovery!

I still chuckle when I think that Keith outlived so many of his contemporaries.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Doctors expect a full recovery!

I still chuckle when I think that Keith outlived so many of his contemporaries.
Wishing him a full and speedy recovery. An Icon for a long time and one of most recognizable names in the music industry.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The U.S. website Drudge Report, citing unidentified sources, said Jagger, 75, would undergo surgery this week in New York to replace a heart valve. New York Post’s Page Six website, citing unidentified sources, said the surgery would involve placing a stent in the singer’s heart.

The UK's Sun reported:
"A defect was spotted at a medical ahead of the band’s US tour, forcing them to postpone dates. Sir Mick Jagger hopes to be out of hospital 48 hours after heart surgery this weekend — then back on stage by the summer." Professor Sir Nilesh Samani, Medical Director at the British Heart Foundation, said Mick will probably have keyhole surgery. He added: “The benefit is that there are no big scars that need to heal, unlike open heart surgery. A patient can expect to go home within 24 to 48 hours, feel well one or two weeks later and be back to normal health after a month. The procedure is highly successful and if all goes well, it is possible Mick will have more energy than previously."

Ralf

beecee

Reaction score
The procedure is highly successful and if all goes well, it is possible Mick will have more energy than previously."

Is that frickin' even POSSIBLE???? (sorry moderators).

God bless him!!

Seen them 4x over the past 40 years....they say his act is apprx equal to a 5k run.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
The procedure is highly successful and if all goes well, it is possible Mick will have more energy than previously."

Is that frickin' even POSSIBLE???? (sorry moderators).

God bless him!!

Seen them 4x over the past 40 years....they say his act is apprx equal to a 5k run.

Having had friends and family deal with heart issues over the years it is most definitely possible and indeed quite likely that the patient will have more energy after successful surgery. I'd suggest that a medical professional who did not believe the patient would have more energy after this surgery might reconsider whether the surgery is appropriate or necessary.

Your point about Jagger being high energy to begin with is noted.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I guess you can break a heart of stone.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
He supposedly lives a very healthy lifestyle of organic foods, lots of exercise, etc. It shows.

And let me plug the Stones' last album, "Blue and Lonesome". Tremendous! As is Keith's last solo album, "Cross-eyed Heart". Love it when these "old" bands can still produce great music!

walrus

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I love these guys. I'll tell ya, in my opinion their takes on some of the tunes with a country slant are just exceptional. Mr. Richards does some very tasteful things on those songs.