Guild DV26-NT-HG 94

sitka.bc

Reaction score
Guild DV62-NT-HG 94

Hi, one popped up locally in VG+ condition. They're asking $1500 with case and paperwork included. What are they worth these days, and what would be a "good deal" price?

00I0I_6CHPzFVv1bA_1200x900.jpg

00a0a_2p0WlUW9vYs_1200x900.jpg

01212_bcfkmZDgKJm_1200x900.jpg
00l0l_aNz6fVFHQMv_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

sitka.bc

Reaction score
Yes that was a typo. 62! Are there any defects common to this model or build year?

beecee

Reaction score
Yes that was a typo. 62! Are there any defects common to this model or build year?

Unlike Martin or Gibson, Guild quality was consistent throughout the years. Really no clunker periods. Quite an enviable reputation and one of the reason I like 'em as much as I do.

I have a few of all three and with the exception of structural or condition issues, I've only played one dud Guild....a Tacoma F-50R of all things!

Add to that the DV 62 was a higher end model.

Wonderful guitars

Last edited:

sitka.bc

Reaction score
Is it designed to compete with the Martin HD-28? If so, does it slay it for a fraction of the cost? :p

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I owned one of these once and foolishly sold it (I seem to say that a lot), It may be a little more than I'd pay but I might make that trip if there were no issues. Good luck!!!

sitka.bc

Reaction score
But somebody needs to let me know if this is a Martin HD-28 slayer. :) What kind of tone should I expect? I've read strong bass and trebles with good balance among the strings. How is the neck thickness as I like a bit chunkier necks.

Are the nut and saddle/pins plastic or bone?

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Are the nut and saddle/pins plastic or bone?
Bone nut and saddle from the factory. Don't know about the bridge pins. Was $1,499 in the 1994 price list.

Guild wrote in the Guild Gallery about the DV series: "The DV series guitars are the product of years of research into how to tune the body and top of a new dreadnought to sound as rich and seasoned as a vintage equivalent. A vintage guitar has had years of additional drying time and many hours of music played on it, and there forces help create beautiful tone, but age isn't the only way to achieve vintage tone. The proper combination of design, materials and construction can achieve the same results. With the assistance of many players and vintage instrument dealers, Guild has tuned these future collector's items to sound mature beyond their years."

Ralf

billymox

Reaction score
But somebody needs to let me know if this is a Martin HD-28 slayer. :) What kind of tone should I expect? I've read strong bass and trebles with good balance among the strings. How is the neck thickness as I like a bit chunkier necks.

Are the nut and saddle/pins plastic or bone?[/QU

I own a DV-62. It's the same guitar as a DV-52 except for the trim like the herringbone purfling. Tone is hard to describe. The bass is equal to a Martin D-28 in strength, but IMO the DV-62 has a stunning bass, much more appealing, like a D-55, and a more appealing overall tone, more character to it, a bit mellower, smoother. Easy to detect it's not a Martin, so Martin folks, well many, are quickly biased if it doesn't sound like a Maritn, then it's inferior. The DV-62 is more rare than a DV-52, but you can read reviews of the DV-52 for tonal characteristics, etc.

A used DV-52 should sell for about $300 less than a DV-62 in the same condition, IMO.

Last edited: