Guild Total
back at ya:

[h=1]Guitars vs. (Wo)men[/h]
[h=2]WHY GUITARS ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN[/h]
[h=2]
comedy.gif
[/h]
  • Guitars don't get pregnant.
  • You can play your Guitar any time of the month.
  • Guitars don't have parents.
  • Guitars don't whine... unless you want them to.
  • You can share your Guitar with your friends.
  • Guitars don't care how many other Guitars you've played
  • Guitars don't care how many other Guitars you have.
  • Guitars don't care if you look at other Guitars.
  • Guitars don't care if you buy Guitar magazines.
  • You'll never hear, "Surprise, you are going to proud father of a new Guitar" unless you go out to buy one yourself.
  • If your Guitar is flat you can fix it.
  • Your Guitar doesn't care if you never listen to it.
  • Your Guitar won't care if you leave up the toilet seat.
  • You don't have to be jealous of the guy who works on your Guitar.
  • If you say bad things to your Guitar, you don't have to apologize before you play it again.
  • You can play your Guitar as long as you want and it won't get sore.
  • You can stop playing your Guitar as soon as you want and it won't get frustrated.
  • Your parents won't remain in touch with your old Guitar after you dump it.
  • Guitars don't get headaches.
  • Guitars don't insult you if you're a bad player.
  • Your Guitar never wants a night out with the other Guitars.
  • Guitars don't care if you're late.
  • You don't have to take a shower before you play your Guitar.
  • If your Guitar doesn't look good you can refinish it or get new parts.
  • You can play your Guitar the first time you meet it, without having to take it to dinner, see a movie, or meet its mother.
  • The only protection you have to wear when playing your Guitar is a decent thumb pick.
  • When in mixed company, you can talk about what a great time you had the last time you played your Guitar.
[h=3]and last, but not least:[/h]
  • If you decide to part with an old Guitar, you don't have to give up half of everything you own.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
http://blog.warmoth.com/2017/02/22/married-mans-guide-buying-new-guitar-without-lying/

Read it for laughs, read it for advice, it's all good ;-)

Genius, pure genius...

That's pretty good.

This was in the comments:

[FONT=&quot]"...Or just walk into her closet and count handbags and shoes."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the name of all that is good and holy DO NOT DO THAT.

[/FONT]
If you do you will gain a firm understanding of the principle of mutually-assured-destruction.

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I'm lucky, my wife never says anything when I buy another guitar. I order it, then tell her it's coming. Only once did I deviate. I was having some work done at a friend's shop and brought an empty case (told her it wasn't empty). Brought home a new (to me) guitar, showed it to her and told her I got it in trade.
Brad

bobouz

Reaction score
Got super lucky with my last guitar purchase. Hadn't said a word about it & it was due to arrive the next day via UPS, when my wife says she's going to go to the big city to do some shopping with her girlfriend. I'd promised a one in - one out policy, and was unhappily trying to figure out what would have to go until that point. Now everything shifted to the key question: Would she be gone when the big brown truck arrived?

Answer: Yes! She left about a half hour prior to the guitar's arrival. I did a quick inspection & test run up and down the neck, then cut the box up & took it to be recycled.

What a perfect day!

amnicon

Reaction score
Guild Total
As someone who is a marriage counselor in my day job, some of those comments are pretty alarming. And for a business like Warmoth to jokingly work to legitimize and host a public discussion about relationship deceit, well...

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ditch the wife, problem solved. Richard and I know. :smile-new:

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Got super lucky with my last guitar purchase. Hadn't said a word about it & it was due to arrive the next day via UPS, when my wife says she's going to go to the big city to do some shopping with her girlfriend. I'd promised a one in - one out policy, and was unhappily trying to figure out what would have to go until that point. Now everything shifted to the key question: Would she be gone when the big brown truck arrived?

Answer: Yes! She left about a half hour prior to the guitar's arrival. I did a quick inspection & test run up and down the neck, then cut the box up & took it to be recycled.

What a perfect day!

I love that kind of day ;-)

As someone who is a marriage counselor in my day job, some of those comments are pretty alarming. And for a business like Warmoth to jokingly work to legitimize and host a public discussion about relationship deceit, well...

It's all in jest I'm sure... ;-)

large.jpg

I've played with this cat, he's famous from here to Nashville, not sure where he's at these days... but this sounds legit to me;

Sammy Eubanks
February 23, 2017 at 9:41 am | Reply
I used a guitar the other day for a gig that I probably haven’t had out of the bag in 10 years. My wife whom I’ve been with for almost 7 years ask me, “where did that guitar come from?” I said “I’ve had it for a long time, I just never play it.” Which gave me the idea that I could bring home any guitar and say exactly the same thing!! She’ll never know.

Here is the smartest of all of them, sounds amazingly like what I've done.

Now I knew it is Theseus and his paradox all along. I started repairing my own guitars, buying used or cheapos to practice the craft of repairing. Then buy some good ones to compare with the ones I repair, and I would show it to my wife. Without realizing it , I am raisng an orphanage for guitars.
But really though, I give my wife something nice if I buy a bit expensive guitar ( especially on my birthdays).

Last edited: