Packaging fails

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
This is one of my pet peeves. I'll start with celery; what's up with that package? A platic bag so small and wrapped so tight that you have to destroy it to open the package even if you need to use just a little. Believe me. both stalks will never fit back into that little bag.l

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Or how about the good old "indestructo" hard plastic vacuum wrap; you need a tin snips to cut through it...

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Or how about the good old "indestructo" hard plastic vacuum wrap; you need a tin snips to cut through it...

There's an app for that!

41SQeyULVqL.jpg

It works great, too.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My peeve... The bags in some cereal boxes that will tear up, but never open on the top, when you try to pull it open. So, you look like a weakling to your significant other, or you send the top 25% of the contents all over the kitchen. I've gone to using scissors.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
How about the wonderful old "pull the string on the bag of dog food, etc." Works maybe 1/2 the time if you're lucky. If there's a specific thread you need to pull they should make it red or spmething.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
OK, OK, what could be worse than this? The good old toilet paper roller stopper that only allows you to make about 1/2 rotation and gives up only 2 sheets of TP at a time. Whoever invented this is one sick puppy, and should be properly keelhauled.

Then, as an added insult the TP is so thin you can see through it.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
OK, OK, what could be worse than this? The good old toilet paper roller stopper that only allows you to make about 1/2 rotation and gives up only 2 sheets of TP at a time. Whoever invented this is one sick puppy, and should be properly keelhauled.

Then, as an added insult the TP is so thin you can see through it.

Well I can certainly arrange the beans and count them in a way that the two sheet dispenser saves money.

I once worked for a consulting company that had some serious overhead problems. In the consulting world you stop being cost competitive when your overhead is too high and when you lose a contract or two because of cost you take steps to reduce overhead. We were told, and it may not have been true, that bathroom supplies were contributing enough to overhead costs that conservation measures would be implemented. What we ended up with was a "visitors only" bathroom on the first floor that was fully stocked but required a key from the receptionist to get in. One bathroom for each gender, per floor, would have supplies (TP, paper towels, soap) topped off once a day but if something ran out it would not be replenished until the next day. The remaining facilities were just closed once the existing supplies had been used.

This was not a popular action and snarky employees would bring a roll of TP from home and leave it on display on their desk as both a protest and means of making sure they were never caught without it when they needed it.

When the overhead expenses crept back down and things returned to "normal" we were told the bathroom supply costs remained much closer to the austerity levels than before. I shudder to think that the experience trained people not to wash their hands but it also seemed to train them to buy tissues instead of grabbing a roll of toilet paper to use to blow their nose at their desk.

But yeah. In my perfect world I am trusted to take only as much toilet paper as I need rather than be forced to live with someone elses opinion of how much paper they can afford to give me.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Another packaging fail - "Nashville Straights" - they were good strings though!

A1f4myT.jpg

jcwu

Reaction score
Another packaging fail - "Nashville Straights" - they were good strings though!

Reminds me of a guitar shop near my college that sold single strings. They received the strings in bulk, and the strings were kept straight in PVC pipes, without being wound up and stored in paper packaging. I only ever bought a string or two when I broke one and didn't want to replace a whole set. Never could tell if there was a quality difference. It was really neat, though, seeing all the strings stored straight like that.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, that was Nashville Straights' claim to fame "never coiled." But I bet they didn't get their bulk wire on long freight trains, they probably came in big coils, LOL.