NS CE-100D face lift

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I really like the NS CE-100D (the LB-1 pu's sound best to me in the fully hollow models), but I wasn't using the Guildsby with this particular guitar so I made some changes. The Guildsby was replaced with a Guild harp tailpiece, the amber control knobs replaced with black knobs, and the orange switch tip traded for a metal tip. I may even replace the tuners with similar units with cloverleaf buttons and fabricate a different truss rod cover. I swapped the tune-o-matic with a rosewood bridge, but much preferred the sound with the tune-o-matic. I may also try a Bigsby compensated bridge on a rosewood base just for fun, but for now I'm much happier with the CE-100D set up this way compared to stock.

CE-100D%20face%20lift.jpg

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It seems Guild thought about offering the CE-100D with a harp tail. Here is a 2016 example with a factory harp tail (prototype/proof of concept?). The label is stamped "CE100DH". While mine is a conversion, I much prefer the sound (more open) with the harp tail than with the Bigsby. Too bad Guild didn't pursue it as the harp tail would have moved it further away from the NS Starfire III in both looks and sound.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guild-CE-100D-Capri-with-Harp-Tailpiece-Antique-Burst-Prototype/223510188401

DrumBob

Reaction score
To go along with the other changes you made, I would refinish it pink. LOL. :highly_amused::highly_amused: