IF Oxnard Built An F47, Would You Come?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
It was 20, just like the GSR's, because they had to make at least that many of any given piece to justify cost of production.

I chose the numbers I did because I was part of conversations where they said they would be willing to make the guitar even if LTG did not buy the entire run. If they could cover their costs with the LTG pre-orders then they were confident they could move a few instruments through other sources. At least 10, maybe 15 refers to what they wanted to cover their costs and did not the size of the run or a requirement that LTG buy the entire run.

They were tight lipped as to exactly how their costs broke down so the exact number to break even and the size of the run (20, 25, 60?) were never determined.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
See the post answering Frono right before this one.

I get it but at the same time your dening yourself a guitar with specs you want .

I'm die hard on many things but if they don't make it ........ I'm all good with pestering the sh!t out of them but If I really wanted it I'd go to a custom builder for my Dream guitar .

In most cases it would rival anything Guild put out or any other manufacture.
I mean no disrespect as you well know I'm still here buying Guilds lol

So get your guitar enjoy it and when Guild finally offers the opportunity to make one go for it , if your still living and able to play . 🙂

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
I am reminded of a time in the NH years when Guild actually said they would make an LTG model. We just had to agree on a set of specs (that could be produced)

With all the different styles of music played by the members here on LTG, all the different opinions about the "ideal" tonewood combination and the strongly held preferences about specs ...body dimensions, scale length, nut width, etc.; I would imagine this would be a difficult task to accomplish! :indecisiveness:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I get it but at the same time your denying yourself a guitar with specs you want .
This isn't just about my dream specs, besides which, this way I don't have to spend any money until they build it :)glee:); this is about them walking away from the body that has been the single most flexible platform in their entire history.
And that's probably a fitting message for my 25000th post.
:friendly_wink:

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
With all the different styles of music played by the members here on LTG, all the different opinions about the "ideal" tonewood combination and the strongly held preferences about specs ...body dimensions, scale length, nut width, etc.; I would imagine this would be a difficult task to accomplish! :indecisiveness:
That's why a LTG model was never ordered as we had lengthy discussions about exactly those topics and couldn't come to terms...
Ralf

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's why a LTG model was never ordered as we had lengthy discussions about exactly those topics and couldn't come to terms...
Ralf

No doubt... New Hartford had a great relationship with us, and they would've produced a limited run of an LTG guitar if we'd been able to agree. I hope we get to that point with the CMG folks someday (and that they're able to consider it).

F312

Reaction score
This isn't just about my dream specs, besides, which, this way I don't have to spend any money until they build it :)glee:); this is about them walking away from the body that has been the single most flexible platform in their entire history.
And that's probably a fitting message for my 25000th post.
:friendly_wink:

25,000th, don't quit your day job. :victorious:

Ralph

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...and that they're able to consider it.
Well, they already did the limited D-40TDlx run for Sweetwater, so it sounds like they would consider something like this. On the other hand Sweetwater is probably one of the largest customers for CMG.
Ralf

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
For me at least there are two parts to this question.

1.) Would I buy it if Oxnard made it? The answer is yes. I've mentioned a few times I've had very pleasant experiences with several different Oxnard builds. I wouldn't see why a F-47 would be an exception.

2.) I assume you mean would I buy it new. To that, my answer would be likely no, at least at this time. There are several other Guild models way further toward the head of the line than a F-47. Although I have an F-47 and like it very much, it's not my preferred Guild body style. Now. if a good deal came up on a used Oxnard build then I may well go for it.