Machine Heads?

theonemanband

Reaction score
Hi,

Please, I would like to know what tuners are installed on my recent re-issue Starfire 1V 12 string.

No complaints; they are very smooth and stable but would just like to know the details, make, ratio etc., (not on specs).

Thank you.......Brian

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, ratio is on the specs as Chazmo showed. I believe those tuners are manufactured by a factory in Korea, so I doubt you won't get much more info.
Ralf

Last edited:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes, when they don’t specify a manufacturer, assume an imported Asian tuner.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Oops, I thought this was a Deep Purple thread...

walrus

theonemanband

Reaction score
Yeah, thank you.........forgot the 18:1 was printed on the spec sheet!!

I was just interested to know that if, although being specified as a “Guild” tuner, they are of good quality, similar to the rest of this superb guitar!
As I said, currently they seem to be smooth & stable but I was thinking of installing a set of Wilkinson “EZ Lock” string lock tuners. These would be a straight “drop in” replacement, but they are only 15:1 and I’m unsure if this modification would be of any value.

Last edited:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, thank you.........forgot the 18:1 was printed on the spec sheet!!

I was just interested to know that if, although being specified as a “Guild” tuner, they are of good quality, similar to the rest of this superb guitar!
As I said, currently they seem to be smooth & stable but I was thinking of installing a set of Wilkinson “EZ Lock” string lock tuners. These would be a straight “drop in” replacement, but they are only 15:1 and I’m unsure if this modification would be of any value.
I would leave them as is if they’re working well for you. Wilkinson’s aren’t really premium tuners, so you wouldn’t really be upgrading, unless you absolutely must have locking tuners. And on a 12 string, you’re going to be adding weight to the headstock, I bet.

My opinion.

theonemanband

Reaction score
Cheers Chris,
So, I have fitted the Wilkinson locking tuners based on the absolute tuning stability I get on my Danelectro 12 string that I also fitted out with them, a few years ago. I do also prefer the 15:1 ratio. They were a perfect "drop in" replacement, so no modifications or unsightly holes etc.
For anyone interested, Guild support said their tuners are proprietry and produced "in house".