Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tele Fever!

Back to Tele's ...

I have 2. My first is a '90s Custom Telecaster that some call an Anniversary model because they all have an anniversary sticker on the back of the peghead. But it is a Strat anniversary that all Fender guitar in 1997 had. They issued two of them. Both made in Japan. One white with white pearl binding and pickguard and the other a black one with black/silver pearl binding and pickguard. They both have gold parts. I have a black one and put Fralin pickups on it and changed the knobs for abalone topped ones from Guitar Fetish. Fender even had guitar straps made by Levy with white or black/silver pearloid. Showiest guitar I have.

The second one I have is a G&L ASAT Deluxe Thinline and it is no slouch in the looks department either. I bought it second hand and someone had switched out the SD Humbuckers for Harmonic Design Z-90s. I changed the Bigsby handle for a Chet one.
    Last edited by dbirchett; 03-17-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    Don

Guild X-170-T
    Guild Starfire V
    G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow
    Gretsch 6119-1962HT Tennessee Rose
    Gretsch 6120 DC
    Gretsch 5422-12
    Fender American Standard Stratocaster
    Fender '90s Custom Telecaster

Still don't know how to post pics since the photobucket thing doesn't work any more, but I remembered I have a video up of that partscaster I did with the Kay Kleenex box pickups!

-1960 CE100D
    -1961 Starfire III Special
    -1962 X175
    -1963X175
    -2011 F47R
    -2015 Newark Street X175 BLK

Damn nice pickin' Mr Sandman - outstanding!

Unreal...

Maybe I'll learn how to play one day.

Man there are some incredible guitars on here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Broes View Post
    Still don't know how to post pics since the photobucket thing doesn't work any more
    I thought for your own PB account you can still see the pictures? So I would copy all from Photobucket (leave the old pictures there as some still sho in forums) and upload all to for instance imgur which works well enough. It's not the fastest site but works well for the forum. https://imgur.com/register?redirect=%2F
    Ralf

Quote Originally Posted by gjmalcyon View Post
    Yeah, that's the one with the Tele pics. Now I know why I couldn't find it…nowhere do I type the word Telecaster or even Tele. :)

-Dave-
    1962 F-20 Troubadour
    1970 M-75 Bluesbird
    1971 S-100 "Black Cherry"
    1973 S-100 "Nature Boy"
    1990 Nightbird Custom
    1999 X-170T
    2013 NS M-75 Aristocrat
    2016 NS S-200 T-bird

c. 1971 Foxey Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Broes View Post
    Still don't know how to post pics since the photobucket thing doesn't work any more, but I remembered I have a video up of that partscaster I did with the Kay Kleenex box pickups!
    That’s my kind of Tele! Great playing, Walter. I love the Kay P/U’s and improved switch on your WB model Tele. Very Well done!
    Shihan= Dennis

The communal band axe is a Classic '60s MIM Tele like this one, and it's pretty!

Bought on Bill Ashton's recommendation, and everybody seems pleased with it.
    Sandy

'59 X175AB, '61 Mark VI, '68 SFII Bass (Green), '73 D50NT, '82 Mark V, '86 Pilot 602P, '87 Pilot SB602M, '88 Pilot SB602MF, '99 DeArmond Starfire Bass
    '10 F512NT, '11 F50ce Std (Sunburst), '13 R30S (Resonator), '13 B54ce Std Bass, '13 Orpheum Jumbo Prototype, '13 Orpheum OM Mahogany, '13 GSR M85II Bass

Awesome, it's rare when a Tele doesn't look good ;-) I think that's called Burgundy Mist.

Here's my one and only for the last ten years, here it is at almost ten pounds crushing the bed... Since Jenny Craig (4lb MJT body), now a more manageable 6lb 15oz. I'll have to get a new pic, the grain on the MJT body isn't perfect, but more interesting than the Fender body was, and much more see through.

This was bone stock down to the last screw and the 50's tone circuit 1992 '52 Reissue with a COA form Bill Shultz and major case candy, the guitar was a total natural relic when I found it, even the case blew me away, one of the rare early tweed cases with actual leather ends, as antiqued as a real one. When it comes to cool cases, hardly anything comes close to a worn Tweed case...

In some of these really old details shots, you can the nice natural aging of the guitar parts and case.

Last edited by Guildedagain; 03-18-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Three more down in here, limit on each post.