Tele Fever!

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The low E on my '52 RI does the same thing, it falls against the adjustment screw...

I decided I'm going to go back to a single ply guard, it's an ounce lighter. Found a decent MIJ parchment guard, 8 hole, would be correct for a '59/'60, just like me ;-)

Last edited:

kakerlak

Reaction score
I ended up replacing the height-adjust screws on mine with longer ones and the intonation screws with oval heads to get the strings up above the sides of the bridge plate. Hey, I'm a sloppy player and end up picking the side of the bridge plate instead of the high E, lol. But, with those angled, intonation-correcting saddles and the small Fender radius, I had trouble with the two highest strings creeping around side-to-side, so I ended up wrapping the strings once around the saddle, which solved it:
gpOIm5K.jpg

gIm8EzF.jpg

mike1100

Reaction score
Just an FYI......

Fender is currently doing some product re-alignment and marketing changes. The 50s and 60s Classic Player Baja Telecasters are now discontinued. The speculation at TDPRI is that they'll have a similar model in their "new" Vintera line, with a price bump.

Five years ago I bought a new 50s Baja (Blonde / Maple) and I dig it so much that I've never felt the itch again (as far as Teles go). I could care less about the 4-position blade switch and a 2-position S-1 switch. However, the soft V neck is awesome, as long as you are okay with 21 frets.

If anyone here has been wanting a Baja tele, you might want to check your local shops.

mike1100

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of mine. 7 lbs and 5 ounces. I'm pretty sure it is a two piece body (see neck pocket pic / tail strap button pic), but they did a great job of matching up the pieces.

lmzazZ4.jpg
YDt45GY.jpg

LnuN205.jpg
lypMU8n.jpg

0Xj1R43.jpg
mcRQCf4.jpg

Last edited:

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
That's a really nice two-piece body. I like the look of ash with wide figuring.

Been playing my '96 Relic a ton since switching to the rosewood board neck. Put on threaded brass saddles too…WD sells 'em under the Kluson brand. Beefier sound now.

-Dave-

mike1100

Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I dig mine, but that 53 of your's.........oh man. That's in a whole different category.

PAPADON

Reaction score
Fender FSR BSB body, American Standard neck, 52 Reissue pick ups and Gotoh bridge.
1589589456164.png

Modified G&L Blues Boy Tribute. Seth Lover neck and Jerry Donahue bridge pick ups, upgraded wiring harness, Gotoh bridge and reshaped headstock.
1589589549289.png

1589589606677.png

American Standard, Warmoth maple/ebony neck.
1589590223070.png

Fender Special Edition Koa
1589590310103.png

Last edited:

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Sharp looking Teles, Papadon. First time I've ever seen a reshaped G&L headstock. :)

(I really gotta get the website thing sorted so I can post pics of my Thinline, re-necked Relic & G&L Broadcaster.)

-Dave-

PAPADON

Reaction score
^^ Thank you much. Actually I wasn't looking to re-shape it as much as re-pair it. She took a bad hit so I thought, oh well everything happens for a reason and as long as I'm at it I might as well go all the way. I kind of like how it turned out thought.:smug: