Dreadnut is back in the hospital

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Glad that worked so well for you, Tom! For my deteriorating discs in the lower back, they installed a spinal neural stimulator and it works like a charm. Pain is pretty much gone. I can dial it in on the iPhone it came with, but I rarely adjust it, maybe turn it down a notch before bed. And up several notches when I go to play and sing at the old folks' homes, LOL:eagerness: I be doin' "Jumping Jack Flash!"

jcwu

Reaction score
JC just so you know I've already had one of those, kinda. They didn't actually RESET my neck but ... what they do, is they go in and FRY the nerves (nerve ablation) from C3-C6

Good golly, Miss Molly. At least they didn't stick needles in you and pump you full of steam!!!

they installed a spinal neural stimulator ... I can dial it in on the iPhone it came with

You... you are able to control what goes on in your body with your iPhone??? Holy toledo, you're bionic!! But seriously, that is a pretty cool concept I'm trying to wrap my mind around.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah jcwu, it's pretty cool. The electrodes are implanted next to my spine, the stimulator is implanted in the top of my right butt cheek, and I control the program with an iPhone. Prior to this I was on oxycontin and had excruciating lower back pain; now no opioids and very little back pain. There are risks and side effects with all procedures, but this one worked like a miracle for me.

jcwu

Reaction score
Yeah jcwu, it's pretty cool. The electrodes are implanted next to my spine, the stimulator is implanted in the top of my right butt cheek, and I control the program with an iPhone. Prior to this I was on oxycontin and had excruciating lower back pain; now no opioids and very little back pain. There are risks and side effects with all procedures, but this one worked like a miracle for me.

Just make sure you don't let the kids/grandkids play with your phone...

"Hey, check this out, when I push this button <push> I can make grandpa dance!!"