Just My Opinion....But

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
While I'm also not generally a fan of 'bursts' either.... and definitely dislike the "teardrop" shape....

On the other hand, I'm a big burst fan, with the teardrop preferred. After reviewing my own, the shape of Richard's is about right, although I like to see the "drip" of the drop finish higher toward the top of the face. Gibson is usually the king of the teardrop busts, but I think my Corona burst bests the Gibby in this instance....

Corona JF30-12
jib786.jpg

Gibson Songwriter 12
son513-2.jpg

It's pretty close! Maybe I just prefer the Corona because it's a jumbo vs. a dread....

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
On the other hand, I'm a big burst fan, with the teardrop preferred. After reviewing my own, the shape of Richard's is about right, although I like to see the "drip" of the drop finish higher toward the top of the face. Gibson is usually the king of the teardrop busts, but I think my Corona burst bests the Gibby in this instance....

Corona JF30-12
jib786.jpg

My Corona JF30-12 had a beautiful burst too, and maybe the nicest finish in general that I've seen on any guitar.

6329921806_9469ac57b1_b.jpg

PittPastor

Reaction score

Corona JF30-12
jib786.jpg

It's pretty close! Maybe I just prefer the Corona because it's a jumbo vs. a dread....

I also think the teardrop shape fits the Jumbo's body style better than it does the dread.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
By the way, when NH came up with the Orpheums, their sunburst was a teardrop as well!

orpheum_12fretslope_galleryimage.jpg

Ralf

beecee

Reaction score
Funny, When I get back out of the house I'm hopefully going to play this used Oxnard D-40.

sIPPD1n.jpg
[/IMG]

I would prefer a burst more in line with Cougars JF-30-12....(heck I WANT Cougars JF-30-12)…..but this aint too bad. A bit heavy without much shading.

I think the F-50R that Txbumper got from me was one of the prettiest bursts I've seen.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
By the way, when NH came up with the Orpheums, their sunburst was a teardrop as well!

orpheum_12fretslope_galleryimage.jpg

Ralf

The burst on my Orpheum Jumbo prototype is better than that one, but not as nice as my F50ce. I would have preferred a natural top for the Jumbo, but there was only one of them, so I didn't have a choice!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Funny, When I get back out of the house I'm hopefully going to play this used Oxnard D-40.

sIPPD1n.jpg
[/IMG]

I would prefer a burst more in line with Cougars JF-30-12....(heck I WANT Cougars JF-30-12)…..but this aint too bad. A bit heavy without much shading.

I think the F-50R that Txbumper got from me was one of the prettiest bursts I've seen.

It is pretty nice Beecee!

zzbwmI.jpg

cxMzWR.jpg

9KZ42T.jpg

And here is my Matching N.H. F512 Burst!

rpckBE.jpg

AZqvID.jpg

MoPQ9l.jpg

JQ5uEK.jpg

TX

beecee

Reaction score
awww geez Tex...you went and added 6 more strings to it!!?????

Cute pair!

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The burst on my Orpheum Jumbo prototype is better than that one, but not as nice as my F50ce. I would have preferred a natural top for the Jumbo, but there was only one of them, so I didn't have a choice!

Sandy, were you saying in your quote above that the Orpheum Jumbo only came with a burst finish???

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sandy, were you saying in your quote above that the Orpheum Jumbo only came with a burst finish???

No. Mine was a one-off prototype, shown at the NAMM 2013, and the only Orpheum Jumbo with a blue rosette. It also happened to be a sunburst.