Reaction score
It's a keeper .��
ipl.jpg

YAY!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
You have way to much time on your hands lol
Originally I was google-imaging Beijing Olympic Cheerleaders but couldn't find anything with as much spirit as that one.
Of course you're welcome to go look for yourself.
:glee:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It's nice but way to much clothing and no beer !

On another note I'm debating my string change do I go with D'Adds EJ16 PB'S or the Elixer nano web . The guitar looks like has done coated strings but there discolored from grime which only uncoated strings get like that for me .

D's or Nano ??????????

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's nice but way to much clothing and no beer !

On another note I'm debating my string change do I go with D'Adds EJ16 PB'S or the Elixer nano web . The guitar looks like has done coated strings but there discolored from grime which only uncoated strings get like that for me .

D's or Nano ??????????

oh well, I am biased to uncoated strings Ray, so put me down for the EJ16s. perfect string for that very guitar. not as stiff as the nanos. and where the nanos have a zing, the EJ16s have an edge.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

D's or Nano ??????????

New Hartford only shipped with coateds and that model got coated version of D'A EJ-16, (EXP-16, I think), but like Clay I'm against coateds on general principle.
And of course you know my motto has been "EJ-16's on everything!!"
Your mileage may vary.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
New Hartford only shipped with coateds and that model got coated version of D'A EJ-16, (EXP-16, I think), but like Clay I'm against coateds on general principle.
And of course you know my motto has been "EJ-16's on everything!!"
Your mileage may vary.

Compared to the two string sets the low E's winds are larger and wider then the other two . I'm using 12's maybe it's a gauge thing but I'm pretty sure highs were the same gauge and not 13's

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Compared to the two string sets the low E's winds are larger and wider then the other two . I'm using 12's maybe it's a gauge thing but I'm pretty sure highs were the same gauge and not 13's

You mean the low E's look thicker than .53's and the high E's look like 12's?
D'A's Bluegrass set is 12-56, the bass strings are thicker:
http://daddario.com/DADProductDetai...nze_Acoustic_Guitar_Strings__Bluegrass__12_56
In fact the A-D-G are even thicker than the true medium set!
I'd get 'em off there post-haste if that's what they are, too much total set tension bad for top.
GHS also showed some sets with .054 bottoms but never checked the individual gauges when I was looking for a new formula for the F65ce, I'd already figured out anything with an .054 was gonna overload my top even if dropped a whole step.
Total set tension on EXP-16 at A440 is 156.29 lbs, there's the factory target.

EDIT:
OK this is really weird, but D'A's charts show a different set tension for EXP-16, 156lbs, even though all gauges are same, but apparently all the wound EXP's show slightly lower tension than the same gauge in the EJ-16's (160.21 lbs).
WTF?:
http://daddario.com/DADProductFamily.Page?ActiveID=3768&familyid=14
http://daddario.com/DADProductFamily.Page?ActiveID=3768&familyid=9
Bluegrass BTW is 175lbs, almost 20lbs heavier than factory design.
Dropping a whole step lowers it by about 20%, that's what I've been using when sorting through alternatives for my purposes.
GHS and D'A both make it pretty easy to see set tensions.

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats on both the F30R and the amp Ray! That guitar like most New Hartford made acoustics should have shipped with Daddario medium gauge coated EXP 17's (13-56) on it. That could be a reason for the difference in string size appearance you are noticing. Most all of the New Hartford made 6 string acoustics were built for the tension of the coated medium gauge Daddario sets as factory spec. To the best of my knowledge they didn't switch back to a light gauge or EXP 16's spec until the new USA Guilds made in Oxnard.

Personally I am a fan of the Elixir Nano PB Light HD sets (13-53) on my Rosewood New Hartford models as they bring out more depth along with clarity in the overall tone to my ears in comparison the the Daddario sets. Just an opinon as always and others will vary. Whatever you choose I am sure you will enjoy it. Congrats again my friend!

TX

tommym

Reaction score
My hand written notes on what shipped with my 2011 NH F30 Standard and 2011 NH F30R Standard call out for EXP-16 Coated PB or Guild L-350C Coated PB strings. Both are 12-53.

Tommy

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
My hand written notes on what shipped with my 2011 NH F30 Standard and 2011 NH F30R Standard call out for EXP-16 Coated PB or Guild L-350C Coated PB strings. Both are 12-53.

Tommy

That must have been one of the few models that did Tommy, Thanks for the correction. Don't know why it was stuck in my head that the old New Hartford website had them listed as mediums.

I just found the Archived page for the F30 Aragon from New Hartford and sure enough just like your hand written notes it is listed as having the L350C 12-53's on it as well. I know it is not the Standard series like Yours and Ray's but that is the closest thing they still have listed to that model. Sorry for the misinformation earlier and carry on!

Here is the link to the archived F30 Aragon if anyone needs it.

https://guildguitars.com/g/f-30-aragon/

TX

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That must have been one of the few models that did Tommy, Thanks for the correction. Don't know why it was stuck in my head that the old New Hartford website had them listed as mediums.

I just found the Archived page for the F30 Aragon from New Hartford and sure enough just like your hand written notes it is listed as having the L350C 12-53's on it as well. I know it is not the Standard series like Yours and Ray's but that is the closest thing they still have listed to that model. Sorry for the misinformation earlier and carry on!

Here is the link to the archived F30 Aragon if anyone needs it.

https://guildguitars.com/g/f-30-aragon/

TX

Thanks for the guys . Hmm I kind had it my head the argon was a grand orchestra but the specs say 15.25 lower bout . Huh

Oh when I was comparing the strings the nano web sprung open , slippery things so they went on . Me likes 😁

tommym

Reaction score
.....Oh when I was comparing the strings the nano web sprung open , slippery things so they went on . Me likes 😁

I use nano web lights on all my guitars. I much prefer the ease of use these coated strings offer me over the non coated strings I have tested over the years. My friend on the other hand can shred through the coating on these strings in one jam session with his picks, so he doesn't use coated strings. I don't play as hard or as long as my friend does.

Tommy

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh when I was comparing the strings the nano web sprung open , slippery things so they went on . Me likes 

Big fan of the Nano PB on most of my Guild guitars. I love the light HD set as I have the lesser tension of the light Low E, A, and D strings and the High E, B, and G are all like on a Medium set. That way I don't find myself pushing the notes on the highs out of tune like I do with 12's. I like how they sound new but my favorite is when the coating is starting to wear off around the soundhole from picking and it is still in good shape up on the frets. Really brings out the warmth!

Like Tommy mentioned I also have a friend that can shred the coating off of a set of Nano's after one show. If he tries to use them for a second show the poor guitar looks like someone left Snow all over it, LOL!

TX

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the guys . Hmm I kind had it my head the argon was a grand orchestra but the specs say 15.25 lower bout . Huh

Why I keep b----ing about no real F40 from Oxnard.
THAT's their classic 16" lower bout F-body.
The current F40 is actually a hog-body F50 flatback, originally known as F48.
(PS an F30R isn't an Aragon in any case, only the 'hog bodies were Aragons)
And now do you believe me about what they shipped with? (post #30)
And see my note about total set tension in #32.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Why I keep b----ing about no real F40 from Oxnard.
THAT's their classic 16" lower bout F-body.
The current F40 is actually a hog-body F50 flatback, originally known as F48.
(PS an F30R isn't an Aragon in any case, only the 'hog bodies were Aragons)
And now do you believe me about what they shipped with? (post #30)
And see my note about total set tension in #32.

Yeah that's what I seen so NH made a F30 and F30r standard and a F30 Aragon right . I figure for conversation purposes I'd ask instead of looking it up . 😁