“La Lune”

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
“La Lune”

Here is the full page on my classical build. I’ve named it “La Lune” because of the inspiration from Robert Bouchet’s guitars and the lunar landscape look of the Buckeye burl rosette, et al. In addition to Bouchet, I’ve incorporated some of Jeffrey Elliott’s bracing innovations.
East Indian rosewood back, sides, bindings, and headstock overlay, Italian spruce top (from the Val di Fiemme), ebony fingerboard, Brazilian rosewood bridge, Buckeye burl rosette, end graft, and bridge inlay, bone nut and saddle (of course), and Rubner tuners. Very thin French polish finish.
I hope to get a video up in the next couple of weeks; I just need to coordinate with one of the area’s true classical players (I don’t have the chops, or the fingernails.)
Here’s the full webpage with plenty of pics; it will be for sale.

https://acornhouseworkshop.com/gallery-pages/wood-for-music/classical-guitar-la-lune/

p1040568.jpg

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's beautiful Chris! A Mark V is all this feeble classical player needs, or I might be in the market.

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Beautiful work, you should be proud. Looking forward to the video.

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Personally, I have to put this one into the "Too Pretty To Be Played" category. Truly a work of art. Well done, Chris!