Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I HATE this site and all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by mavuser View Post
    better question- what is the difference between a D-35 and a D-40? for any year
    Well, the D35 had some plainer appointments than the D40 (D25 style headstock vs. Chesterfield for the D40), and also the D40 had a three piece mahogany/maple neck, where the the D35 had a one piece mahogany neck. All according to Hans's book.
    Sandy

'59 X175AB, '68 SFII Bass (Green), '73 D50NT, '82 Mark V, '86 Pilot 602P, '87 Pilot SB602M, '88 Pilot SB602MF, '99 DeArmond Starfire Bass, '10 F512NT,
    '11 F50ce Std (Sunburst), '13 R30S (Resonator), '13 B54ce Std Bass, '13 Orpheum Jumbo Prototype, '13 Orpheum OM Mahogany, '13 GSR M85II Bass

Tim, apparently we've let you down some how. So if you can't buck up and BUY A GOD DAMNED GUITAR for us to oogle ..... then what good are ya??? HUH???? I ask you!!!!

I've bought a couple of new ones kinda recently. You weren't here to see 'em but they still count. Not Guilds but they all count brother. At least in my book.

Tell me a story........
    Tom in Vegas

Use the good china. Life itself is the special occasion.

Guild D65s, 1994
    Guild DV72, 1994
    Taylor GC8, 2011
    Breedlove Oregon Concert Rogue 4/12/2016 (The BLUE one)
    Breedlove Myrtlewood Concerto E 07/12/17
    Washburn EA-20 "Festival Series", 1995

As far as Sandy being dangerous, I'd call him SUPER HELPFUL because without him I wouldn't have my DV-72 OR my Breedlove Concerto E!!! Both for KILLER prices!! If those are your enemies, I'd hate to meet your friends........
    Tom in Vegas

Guild D65s, 1994
    Guild DV72, 1994
    Taylor GC8, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SFIV1967 View Post
    Here you are, photo courtesy of West! T-Shirts done by Coastie as far as I know. (Arlington 2008)

Ralf
    Are these still buyable? I have a Babe-er-I mean widow-um-Wife who would look good in that!

PS: This thread is hilarious!
    ----------------------------------
    1980 Guild D40C Sunburst
    20?? Guild AO-3CE (MIM)
    2014 Guild Savoy 150A Sunburst (MIK)

Soundcloud - Cat's In The Crade (D40C)

Quote Originally Posted by davismanLV View Post
    As far as Sandy being dangerous, I'd call him SUPER HELPFUL because without him I wouldn't have my DV-72 OR my Breedlove Concerto E!!! Both for KILLER prices!! If those are your enemies, I'd hate to meet your friends........
    I'll always hook a brother up!
    Sandy

'59 X175AB, '68 SFII Bass (Green), '73 D50NT, '82 Mark V, '86 Pilot 602P, '87 Pilot SB602M, '88 Pilot SB602MF, '99 DeArmond Starfire Bass, '10 F512NT,
    '11 F50ce Std (Sunburst), '13 R30S (Resonator), '13 B54ce Std Bass, '13 Orpheum Jumbo Prototype, '13 Orpheum OM Mahogany, '13 GSR M85II Bass

This I know, my friend. This I know. I call myself grateful!!
    Tom in Vegas

Guild D65s, 1994
    Guild DV72, 1994
    Taylor GC8, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mavuser View Post
    better question- what is the difference between a D-35 and a D-40? for any year
    Quote Originally Posted by twocorgis View Post
    Well, the D35 had some plainer appointments than the D40 (D25 style headstock vs. Chesterfield for the D40), and also the D40 had a three piece mahogany/maple neck, where the the D35 had a one piece mahogany neck. All according to Hans's book.
    The neck on the D-40 (as well as the D-50) was a 3-pc. mahogany/maple lamination during the '60s only. It was changed to a 1-pc. mahogany neck around 1970. I mentioned it in the D-50 section on page 121 of 'The Guild Guitar Book', but somehow that piece of info was not included in the D-40 section on that same page.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
    www.guitarsgalore.nl

Quote Originally Posted by davismanLV View Post
    Tim, apparently we've let you down some how. So if you can't buck up and BUY A GOD DAMNED GUITAR for us to oogle ..... then what good are ya??? HUH???? I ask you!!!!

I've bought a couple of new ones kinda recently. You weren't here to see 'em but they still count. Not Guilds but they all count brother. At least in my book.

Tell me a story........
    Since my last adventure with that dreadful person known as "Sandy", I have bought a few..........I'm a big Les Paul Double cut fan, I bought a 2016 CHerryburst DC and had Bonamassa Skinnerburst pickups installed along with all new pots, switch and jack because the circuit board stuff was junk. I added Skinnerburst pickups to my 2011 DC (My #1), found a beautiful Strat American Deluxe HSS (I am not a Fender guy but this guitar found it's way to me and I really like this one, so to me....it's rare) I am a firm believer in that...... guitars that "find you" end up the best ones. Just like my D-25, Sandy force fed me that guitar and I couldn't be more appreciative so....thanks again Sandy! LOL

Then there's the 71 Martin D-18 that should be arriving in the next day or so. Will it be a gem or a turd.......that is the question. But being able to help a family member out AND keep it out of the pawn shop.....so I'm hoping for some good mojo but we will see. I'll post some pics of my pile soon.

Hello......my name is Tim and I have a problem.................

Quote Originally Posted by twocorgis View Post
    Welcome back Tim! How can we spend your money today?

My pleasure Dave! See Tim, it's not just you...

Good to be back! Show me an old Guild is how to spend my money but you already know that lol. Your issue now is that the wife has veto power Sandy!

Oh I know it's not just me......you are all a bunch of addicts! That's why I hate you all.....bunch of damn enablers!!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheab View Post
    Good to be back! Show me an old Guild is how to spend my money but you already know that lol. Your issue now is that the wife has veto power Sandy!

Oh I know it's not just me......you are all a bunch of addicts! That's why I hate you all.....bunch of damn enablers!!!! :)
    :) And proud of it, too! :) Cheab, did you see the T-shirts??? (thanks, Ralf) :) :)
    Guilds:
    1967 MK-VI Artist Special (Hoboken - Jacobs restoration 2018) - "The Mark"
    12ers:
    1994 JF-30-12Bld (Westerly),
    2006 F-512 (Tacoma),
    2010 F-212XL STD (New Hartford) - "Connie"
    2014 Orpheum 12 OOO SHRW (New Hartford)

Other 12ers:
    1970 Martin D-12-20
    1980 Ibanez AW-75 (Series I)
    1984 Taylor 655