More medical challenges

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
So while I was exercising at pulmonary rehab they discovered my heart is in an a-fib condition, where the top and bottom chambers are basically beating to the sound of their own drummers. This Tuesday afternoon they're going to look for blood clots in my heart through an esophageal echocardiogram, and if there are no clots they will essentially jump-start my heart to bring it back into proper rhythm. If they find blood clots we'll have to work on dissolving them before proceeding; they don't want to shock any clots into my bloodstream where they could cause a stroke.

Anyway, this is planned as an outpatient procedure with light sedation. My good friend Dr. Ron will be my anesthesiologist; I'm happy about that.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers at 130 pm this week Tuesday, Mar 12.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Best wishes Marc. That has gotten to be a very safe procedure in recent years too. Hope everything goes well.

Grassdog

Reaction score
Dread, I'm sure there's some anxiety anytime you're scheduled to undergo a procedure involving the heart, but I'm sure you'll be in good hands with the medical professionals - and back to playing that D-25M soon

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good luck! (Although personally I’d asked for heavy sedation. Sounds unfun.)

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Good thoughts goin' your way. I suspect the whole thing is scary at best. But, know you have the good thoughts and prayers from the members on this forum. Good luck Dread

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
They tried drug therapy with me and finally said, "Screw it, let's SHOCK him!" And it worked. If you're not already on blood thinners, prepare to be. Eliquis is one of the newest and it's kinda expensive but it works well and you don't have to get tested all the time. Good luck with your electricity, amigo. I've been there, done that...... like Sandy said, it's pretty safe and you won't even know. You'll just be back in normal sinus rhythm....... :encouragement:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So while I was exercising at pulmonary rehab they discovered my heart is in an a-fib condition, where the top and bottom chambers are basically beating to the sound of their own drummers. This Tuesday afternoon they're going to look for blood clots in my heart through an esophageal echocardiogram, and if there are no clots they will essentially jump-start my heart to bring it back into proper rhythm. If they find blood clots we'll have to work on dissolving them before proceeding; they don't want to shock any clots into my bloodstream where they could cause a stroke.

Anyway, this is planned as an outpatient procedure with light sedation. My good friend Dr. Ron will be my anesthesiologist; I'm happy about that.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers at 130 pm this week Tuesday, Mar 12.

Will do sir .