More medical challenges

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
So while I was exercising at pulmonary rehab they discovered my heart is in an a-fib condition, where the top and bottom chambers are basically beating to the sound of their own drummers. This Tuesday afternoon they're going to look for blood clots in my heart through an esophageal echocardiogram, and if there are no clots they will essentially jump-start my heart to bring it back into proper rhythm. If they find blood clots we'll have to work on dissolving them before proceeding; they don't want to shock any clots into my bloodstream where they could cause a stroke.

Anyway, this is planned as an outpatient procedure with light sedation. My good friend Dr. Ron will be my anesthesiologist; I'm happy about that.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers at 130 pm this week Tuesday, Mar 12.

will do Dread.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for all the well wishes!

Yeah, I'm on Elequis.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Best wishes to you! My dad for instance got a pacemaker just recently. It was an easy little surgery and he has no problems at all now.
Ralf

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dread, amigo, my sister in law had a real problem. They converted her and she wouldn't stay in NSR. So they did the nerve ablation (which if I have more trouble they'll do on me) which is like a cardiac catheterization through the femoral artery and they go in and fry the nerves that are acting up and making your heart beat out of sync. That should work but with her, it still wasn't enough. So they did a pacemaker and now her rhythm is controlled and all is well. They can fix this...... stay calm. We're here if you need us, okay??

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Several coming your way Dred.
Try and keep more positive thoughts than negative--not easy but when you get through that old "kicked in the stomsch" feeling, you got a lot of music left.

Mark WW

Reaction score
Dread from one heart patient to another my fingers are crossed that this will do the trick for you. When I have hypertension or ticker issue it is scary but glad to hear you have a friend in anesthesia! Looking forward to a recovery post!!!