Check thiis guitar out

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'll be short I'm looking into this guitar as I like cut aways and the burst and of coarse what a F30r lol

Specifically look at the finger board pic and zom 2-5 or 6 frets .
Is that finger nail gouges or a smudge as the seller is telling ? Something some oil can clean up so said .

Let know if I missed anything else .😊

Guild F-30RCE std 2012 Cutaway Sunburst https://reverb.com/item/19435439-gu...burst?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=share

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't see where the seller said anything about it, but those look like fingerboard gouges, probably from fingernails, Ray. The guitar's been played, which is probably a good thing. Looks really nice.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, and no... dressing the fingerboard won't "fix" that, but it's arguable whether anything needs to be fixed anyway... The only actual repair would be frets-off and sand the board.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I didn't see where the seller said anything about it, but those look like fingerboard gouges, probably from fingernails, Ray. The guitar's been played, which is probably a good thing. Looks really nice.
Sorry we chatted in messenger .

Oh, and no... dressing the fingerboard won't "fix" that, but it's arguable whether anything needs to be fixed anyway... The only actual repair would be frets-off and sand the board.

Wanted to make sure I was seeing it right you all know how Screw up lol

I asked last night for a close up pic while we were chatting then things on his end went quit .

I was giving up as he rejected my offer then he measseged me back last night.

I don't want to over pay and at that price I don't seeing the FB damaged .

I seen that happen before but I never had a guitar develope that kind of damage and I had some for 15 -20 years they were all I had so I played the heck out them .

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ray, I love my '11 F-30RCE!

But if those are fingerboard divots then it's not in "mint" condition as the seller claims, and that price is much too high. Even if those marks are a trick of the photo, or "smudges", then the price is still a bit steep, IMHO. Mine actually was "mint", bought earlier this year, and I paid less than this one.

Does the 'burst finish make it worth more? That I don't know. Mine is a natural finish.

I'd make an offer at least a few hundred dollars less and see what happens. Or, at the least, a close-up photo of the fingerboard would be useful before deciding.

** EDIT - just saw your response to chazmo after posting this! **

walrus

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry we chatted in messenger .

Wanted to make sure I was seeing it right you all know how Screw up lol

I asked last night for a close up pic while we were chatting then things on his end went quit .

I was giving up as he rejected my offer then he measseged me back last night.

I don't want to over pay and at that price I don't seeing the FB damaged .

I seen that happen before but I never had a guitar develope that kind of damage and I had some for 15 -20 years they were all I had so I played the heck out them .

Ray, I think we're on the same page here, but this really isn't "damaged," per se. I don't think you'd be overpaying, but if this is going to bother you then you should pass. I think that rosewood fingerboards are not as hard as, say, ebony or maple and this is what happens when fingernails dig in the board. I actually like that the guitar is well-played, and if the frets are good and everything is stable on this guitar then you'd be getting a great axe. Just sayin'.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ray, I think we're on the same page here, but this really isn't "damaged," per se. I don't think you'd be overpaying, but if this is going to bother you then you should pass. I think that rosewood fingerboards are not as hard as, say, ebony or maple and this is what happens when fingernails dig in the board. I actually like that the guitar is well-played, and if the frets are good and everything is stable on this guitar then you'd be getting a great axe. Just sayin'.
Good points one and all , if he gets back to me I'll make a move .
I'm concern about the weather as cold as it is .

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think that price is much too high even if it's mint. MAP on them originally was $1995 IIRC.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....and that price is much too high. Even if those marks are a trick of the photo, or "smudges", then the price is still a bit steep, IMHO....

I think that price is much too high even if it's mint....

Yeah. I'm not up on this model, but I thought the same thing -- Why is this priced so high? It's not even an ebony board. Nothing real fancy. It is a New Hartford with a burst, but....

I guess case candy on new guitars should include fingernail clippers.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You know, I'm one of those people that don't mind cut-aways on an acoustic guitar. I do think a Florentine cut-away looks best but I don't mind a nicely shaped Venetian but I find this cut-away to be down right butt ugly. It looks like somebody sat on it on a hot day!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think that price is much too high even if it's mint. MAP on them originally was $1995 IIRC.

All the guitars are priced high it's the same as privet sellers selling cars and trucks at dealer prices .:(

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
How do you find out book value on these things anyone know ?

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
You know, I'm one of those people that don't mind cut-aways on an acoustic guitar. I do think a Florentine cut-away looks best but I don't mind a nicely shaped Venetian but I find this cut-away to be down right butt ugly. It looks like somebody sat on it on a hot day!

I'm the opposite! I don't care for a Venetian or a Florentine cutaway on an acoustic (unless it's an acoustic archtop), but I like the look of this cutaway a lot. To each his own! :star:

walrus

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Gorentine cut aways look like a can opener and can double as a coat hook . 😜 Lol

geoguy

Reaction score
Definitely fingernail gouges on that fretboard.

IMO a more-rational asking price would be about $1200, possibly less given those fingernail gouges.

tkak6xjrnytsy6qktsxc.jpg

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ray, let it go. Seriously.

I know, it's so bloody hard been looking for one like this for a bit .

Let's see what happens with the pic if anything then I'll move on .

Thanks 🙂

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Ray,
Another one will come up soon. Don't rush. especially if he doesn't give you the pic that satisfies your concern.
Rich