"It's a Guild"!

swiveltung

Reaction score
SPAM: Well, I have a '71 in the "for sale" reasonably priced with a description, let me know if you need more!

jedzep

Reaction score
Maybe sending a link to this discussion to the seller would help him out. I've often wanted to quote current price ranges to these guys who put outrageously high prices on 'thousand dollar' guitars.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guy that calls himself a Shop has a 1974 F20 on the Verb for quite a lot of money, and zip about anything beyond a scratch. No mention of wear tear action playability intonation anything.

Been looking at it a while, it's been up 7 months, so I holler saying I need to know certain things before I can even think about thinking about a purchase, and this is what happened.

Me, after explaining my now somewhat longtime interest in this guitar and my inability to move forward without more information.

Him

His words nothing touched up.

I thought dang that's rude ( -:) and "I'll report him" to Reverb, for "rudeness", as if they would care?

So instead I was like even though "Your the only guy" who's ever been this rude (and supposedly naive) about a 45 year old acoustic guitar they were asking a lot of money for, I'm going to make you a celebrity today ;-))

If only I hung out on more forums I could really make a lot of guy's day with this one, and you got to admire his admiration for Guilds. Do feel free to pass it around anywhere you like. I think this really deserves some attention, lol. Is it me, or is this a common response you've run into before? Freakin priceless...

"It's a Guild"

That's all you need to know ;-)))

I think every one should contact him and ask the exact same question . Lol

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Lawn Boy has a Honda motor? Well, if that's true I have to give them a second look next time I shop for a mower.

Now, if you want to talk about a total a$$-kicking snowblower, check out the huge tracks (o' land) on this puppy This thing has really helped me out the last few weeks!:

In the name of all that is good and holy, mount a gun turret on that thing.

Functional or replica, your choice (I won't judge either).

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the name of all that is good and holy, mount a gun turret on that thing.

Functional or replica, your choice (I won't judge either).

I like the way you think, gj.... Now *that* would be cool. But, as far as I know, Honda doesn't make turrets!

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
OMG, Hondas use to be cute!

Some were. My kid sister had one of these - 1st gen. Civic:

qpTXT5xl.jpg

Front wheel drive, 4-speed manual transmission and manual steering.

Had the worst torque steer of any car I've ever driven. You nail the accelerator in a corner at low speed and it could break your wrists.

Grassdog

Reaction score
'Run away" is also what I would do. The seller clearly either does not want to sell it, or is someone you will regret doing business with. Imagine your attempt to return the guitar?!

walrus

Absolutely the right thing to do (run, Forest, run). This all reminds me of a Guild seller on the Bay and Verb that I'm sure we all know (will remain unnamed) that has never once directly answered one of my questions regarding saddle height, neck angle, and fret wear. He always gives me assurances that everything is fine (e.g. the saddle has enough height "for years"). In a moment of weakness I once made an offer on one of his guitars and I regretted it the minute I hit confirm. Luckily he didn't accept my offer.

jedzep

Reaction score
Cut the veer for a minute guys. Where is this fakakta listing already?

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It's on Reverb, has been for 7 months, Mark's Guitar, which is sad, cause we have one here (PNW), that used to belong to the best dealer/friend I ever had, and all the sudden cancer got him some years back, but the shop goes on, under the same name, so I thought "Hey, I like this shop's name, maybe we can do business", but it was not to be...

Bonneville88

Reaction score
Guild Total
Absolutely the right thing to do (run, Forest, run). This all reminds me of a Guild seller on the Bay and Verb that I'm sure we all know (will remain unnamed) that has never once directly answered one of my questions regarding saddle height, neck angle, and fret wear. He always gives me assurances that everything is fine (e.g. the saddle has enough height "for years"). In a moment of weakness I once made an offer on one of his guitars and I regretted it the minute I hit confirm. Luckily he didn't accept my offer.

I imagine most folks who've been here for awhile are aware of those guys, LOL.
Avoid anybody that can't or won't give a straight answer and can't or wont send additional photos of any of the critical
things they should've shown in the first #%$#@ place!

On the other hand - despite clearly showing various critical measurements in photos of guitars I'm selling, I'm often asked "how is neck angle / how is action at 12th fret..." etc.

Last edited:

jedzep

Reaction score
Unbelievable! There's no such F20 or 'Mark's Guitar' shop I can find. For chrissake, somebody share a link to that listing before I have a seizure!

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The part of my brain that I can usually ignore is telling me: "Let's get EVERYBODY on LTG to ask him for string height measurements! And neck-angle photos, too!!!"

Haha! Exactly what I was thinking!

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Haha, not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I had an email from the guy this morning, totally out of the blue, it's been two days since I told him I wouldn't buy anything from him if I was rolling in $$$...

Now - having spoken to you.. I wouldn't sell it to ya..

Lol ;-)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Haha, not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I had an email from the guy this morning, totally out of the blue, it's been two days since I told him I wouldn't buy anything from him if I was rolling in $$$...
Lol ;-)

Write a check (unsigned) for $5,000.00.
Trim off the bottom at an angle to hide the routing numbers.
Maybe the top too, to hide your address info.
Put a ruler on each edge and photograph each edge.
Put the check on a piece of paper and make notes of the measurements of each side, by each side.
Send him the photos.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, there are a$$ho1es in all walks of life, even guitar sellers...

walrus