Everything you know about guitars is wrong

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
His attitude is almost refreshing. Almost.

"I don't work my *** off for a month to have the guitar go to waste and not be used. Since I only make 15 per year, it's like giving away puppies. I make sure they go to the best homes. It's more of an adoption situation than a retail operation."

walrus

Grassdog

Reaction score
What can I say, more power to him. There's a place in the world for custom builders and I can appreciate his philosophy on the subject of doing things the old fashioned way. His marketing approach certainly leaves something to be desired but it doesn't sound like he cares what people think. That's kind of refreshing in the "customer is always right" world where in actuality no they aren't always right and sometimes they need to be told what they need. I draw the line, however, when he extols the virtue of working with cheap woods. Sorry, I'm not buying that. Give me maple, mahogany, and rosewood.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Personally, I won't be lining up to prove I'm worthy of buying one of his guitars that used to be an Ikea table. Especially at that price.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Good read , I'm totally for it less the worthy part because I'd never get one in that case lol

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Ornery dude but I kinda like his approach anyway. He certainly pegs what I don't like about (most) PRS guitars, though I consider it a matter of taste rather than a value judgment. And some of my favorite guitars are made out of different materials, including polystyrene and Masonite. ;)

-Dave-

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Personally, I won't be lining up to prove I'm worthy of buying one of his guitars that used to be an Ikea table. Especially at that price.

hello

This might well be atom-splitting - but if he uses IKEA furniture parts, that never were assembled to be a table - then it is not "used to be IKEA table" - it is just a piece of wood strips glued together . . .

Not that his guitars interest me - most of them were !"#€%&/ ugly for me.

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Read the article. Same marketing as most others but catering to a different buyer. He’s trying to market to people who don’t appreciate “big builders”. If his guitars are made from thrown out lumber but sound awesome good for him as it shows his skills. However, there is no justification ,IMO, to make such disparaging remarks about another particular maker. He could have just said some makers are overpriced for what they put out etc.and still got his point across.
in the end though it’s his baby so carry on.