What’s in your wallet.... for 2019 new purchase

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
What’s in your wallet.... for 2019 new purchase

So I have an incredible gf30 maple and an equally awesome Gibson j100 extra. Very different guitars , which is a good thing.
this year I have some extra cash saved up so I am thinking of adding an om or a small jumbo of some sort the the collection . I’m interested in one from N.H factory.
The gf is maple, the Gibbs is bubinga.
so many options :)
im a burst guy and thinking 1 3/4 nut with. Sadly there are none around to try other than ordering used thru g.c
any suggestions and what’s in your wallet !

rwmct

Reaction score
I would like a New Hartford built D-55. But not ready to pull the trigger on one yet.

A Gibson Les Paul is another possibility.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
No suggestions sorry . My wallet says F30r 😁

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Now that I've procured my long sought Orpheum OM Mahogany (thanks again Jeff!), I really have very little GAS, and could probably trim the herd by a couple more if they weren't so good. Of course I said that before, and then the GSR M85II came along...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Bring back the one true F40 body.
Then make me a special with a 24-3/4" scale, 1-11/16 nut, and rosewood body.
Block fretboard inlays and a chesterfield would be nice, too.
And sealed 18:1 Grovers.
Variegated ebony board.
Call it an F74R or even better, a GF50.
That'll keep my wallet safe for this year, I suspect.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Rayk, didn’t you just buy your f30 in ‘19. ?

Hmm you been ghosting ? Lol my most recent purchase was a Westerly series OM -120 all hog but I going to let it go I'm just not bonding with it .

Other then that over the last 2yrs I went through a couple of F30's which had a few things wrong so back they went .

I also did visit a GC up north of me to look at F30r burst but it a had a bad boxy sound which took me by surprise . That's the first time I've heard that from a NH F30 model even my Contemporary serises did not have any type of boxy sound . Just weird luck on my side ( sexy fingers ) luck haha . I really did like the burst though .

Theres a thread in here somewhere about it with pics .

So I'm crossing my fingers on the next one to hit pay dirt . 😁

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Oh ok. I sometimes get posts confused between my memory , too much uhmm fun in my youth, and some of the veering going on.
Speeking of boxy sounds, that’s one of my concerns with om’s. That’s why try before buy pays off. If not , I end up buying hi and selling low.
The journey is fun though.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So I have an incredible gf30 maple and an equally awesome Gibson j100 extra. Very different guitars , which is a good thing.
this year I have some extra cash saved up so I am thinking of adding an om or a small jumbo of some sort the the collection . I’m interested in one from N.H factory.
The gf is maple, the Gibbs is bubinga.
so many options :)
im a burst guy and thinking 1 3/4 nut with. Sadly there are none around to try other than ordering used thru g.c
any suggestions and what’s in your wallet !

try an Oxnard made Guild M-20 if u can, available brand new or used. they are 1 3/4 nut and have a sunburst over the mahogany top. smaller than OM but full 24.75” scale. i like it with 11s or 12s. some say the 12s can sound boxy on those small guitars though. for me its 11s on M-20 and F-20 all day.

as a side note someone told me OM and OOO are the same exact body, but OOO is 24.75” scale and OM is 25.5” scale (at least for Martins). wild!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
as a side note someone told me OM and OOO are the same exact body, but OOO is 24.75” scale and OM is 25.5” scale (at least for Martins). wild!

That's true, but with Martins, their short scale is 24.9".